No announcement yet.

One of my favorite New England rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I lived in Bristol R.I. until I was about 8. I still remember vivdly the foliage. No matter where my travels have taken me thru life, I have never found fall foliage season to be as spectacular as that in New England.

Comment

Originally posted by PAULYBOY View Post
      Alright. Now I know why I agreed to get a bike again when my son was grown and had one of his own. As a New Englander thats been in exile for most of 40 years, I drove my son up the Kanc about 6 years ago on one of our 4 wheeled driving vacas. Thats when I fell backj in love with New England. Now you've gone and done it. I was gonna drive the Blue Ridge, but now, I must make a trip there in my lifetime from cincinnati .
      If you are saying Cincinnati to New England .. let me know if you want company.

I could see doing it again maybe late summer 2008.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
        If you are saying Cincinnati to New England .. let me know if you want company.

I could see doing it again maybe late summer 2008.

Mike
        Would that be for Moosehead '08, Mike??????\\/
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler View Post
          Would that be for Moosehead '08, Mike??????\\/
          Hey, good idea!
          Currently bikeless
          '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
          '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Sounds like a plan!

When will Moosehead 08 actually be ?

Is it already scheduled ?

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
              Sounds like a plan!

When will Moosehead 08 actually be ?

Is it already scheduled ?
              Hey, no one answered you!

Check my sig for the date!
              Currently bikeless
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                Hey, no one answered you!

Check my sig for the date!
                That'd be cool if Mike showed up for the Moosehead trip. Not only would it be great to see him again, but it'd be neat to see your old bike again Geoff.

Comment

Originally posted by emjay View Post
                  That'd be cool if Mike showed up for the Moosehead trip. Not only would it be great to see him again, but it'd be neat to see your old bike again Geoff.
                  I know, and if the 81 project stays on track, my two 1100E's could meet! The 81 has sat in the garage looking at all these other street ready bikes for 5 years, poor thing. I'm really shooting for taking that bike up there this year. It's the bike that went on the first Moosehead trip. It would be kicka$$ to get a picture of those two machines together.

If he doesn't come up, I may have to take the GS down South.
                  Currently bikeless

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    I know, and if the 81 project stays on track, my two 1100E's could meet! The 81 has sat in the garage looking at all these other street ready bikes for 5 years, poor thing. I'm really shooting for taking that bike up there this year. It's the bike that went on the first Moosehead trip. It would be kicka$$ to get a picture of those two machines together.

If he doesn't come up, I may have to take the GS down South.
                    That sounds great. What are you doing to the 81? Complete restore?

By the way, I really like the classic look of that one. I've heard mixed opinions about the headlight.

Comment

That's funny, I have that very picture blown up and hanging on the wall... But mine is going to be black with red and orange pin stripes- so utterly 1980's... the blue is nice, but the black with orange reminds me of shag carpets and ABBA...

It's going to be 100% stock engine, intake and exhaust, and almost all of the body work, but I have an 83 1100E headlight and gauge pack that I will probably use. I have both, so I could change it if I didn't like it.
                      Currently bikeless

Comment

Working...
                      X