200 miles of "S" curves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
    Hwy 36 actually starts in Susanville, CA. To get there from Reno, you need to take hwy 395 north for about 90 miles, then to 36 west. I have been on that road and it is awesome! The leg from Redding to the coast is especially nice. There is also hwy 299 from Redding to Eureka that I haven't taken on a bike, but would love to. Some of the best twistys and scenery I've seen.
    YUP, Susanville... I couldn't remember the name of the little town we stayed the night in, Reno IS the biggest city near there that I could reference. We stopped at the Bear cafe, Kinda neat. BIG carved bear out in the front.
    My brother (other bike in pics) has taken 299 on his 250 Ninja and again on his M50 and once in the Solo 1 Champion Suzuki Swift GT that I built. He had the MOST FUN in the Swifty.... Go figure? Just beacuse it'll pull 1.2Gs on the pad....adjustable sway bars,spings,struts(Koni REDs)seam welded,yadda,yadda,yadda....AND, 131 hp naturally asperated.
    But that was when he was ONLY a cage dwelling MONKEY!!!
    HE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by namikuz View Post
      We stopped at the Bear cafe, Kinda neat. BIG carved bear out in the front.
      Did you have or see the bearclaw danishes they make? They are about a foot in diameter! Served hot with tons of butter on it..... HELL YEAH!! \\/
      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by namikuz View Post
        YUP, Susanville... I couldn't remember the name of the little town we stayed the night in, Reno IS the biggest city near there that I could reference. We stopped at the Bear cafe, Kinda neat. BIG carved bear out in the front.
        My brother (other bike in pics) has taken 299 on his 250 Ninja and again on his M50 and once in the Solo 1 Champion Suzuki Swift GT that I built. He had the MOST FUN in the Swifty.... Go figure? Just beacuse it'll pull 1.2Gs on the pad....adjustable sway bars,spings,struts(Koni REDs)seam welded,yadda,yadda,yadda....AND, 131 hp naturally asperated.
        But that was when he was ONLY a cage dwelling MONKEY!!!
        HE HAS SEEN THE LIGHT!!!!
        Hey, you're in SLC! You should come out with PJ (80GS1000) in July to our annual rally! A total blast! Look in the Meetingplace.
        85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
        79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Originally posted by renobruce View Post
          Hey, you're in SLC! You should come out with PJ (80GS1000) in July to our annual rally! A total blast! Look in the Meetingplace.
          I'll look it to it!!
          My daughter is thinking about a GS500, maybe she'll have it by then and we'll both go, She said she's up for it!!

Comment

This 140 miles of s-curve; what sort of speed or how much time for that distance?

And then another 60 miles to 101?

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
              That is a famous sign, a few guys on the FZ1 forum use it as an avitar!

I still want to see it with the 1100ES!
              You may be thinking of the sign east of Lewiston, ID on Hwy 12 as you head over the Lolo Pass into Montana. I need to get up there and take that ride.
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                This 140 miles of s-curve; what sort of speed or how much time for that distance?

And then another 60 miles to 101?

Well, on a twisty such as this one....Time melts into oblivion.....Speeds are what you are willing to push(and OTHER bikes). My brother and I took it fairly easy because of what he was on and his limited riding time/experiance. I'de blast away for a bit and then slow for him. Some of the twists undulate to the point that if you are not on the ball, you will get air bourne and fly off the road. For the most part, it is a nicely cambered, clean and well maintained road. Usual speeds are around 40ish for cruising, you know ~ 6/10ths riding.
                And 36 pretty much ends at the 101. ~200 miles is from Reno to the coast. I couldn't remember the name of the little town(Susanville) when I initially posted.
                GREAT RIDE THOUGH!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X