• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link

Looks cool

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
      Don't let us force you into a fun trip... sure there will be something nice on the TV
      Not much of a TV viewer.

Yeah well...I am sure it would be fun, but it would have to be a day trip. I am not gonna carry camping gear on my bike or borrow a truck to carry the bike there. I'd probably ride the Malibu area to a friend's place in Fullerton on saturday, and ride down there on Sunday. Don't hold me to it though.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link to Song Dog. What BS that they're not allowed to have the weekend rallies anymore. Some of the best gatherings coincided with the Perseid meteor shower each yr. One memory in particular is walking over to the edge of the plateau that the campground is on. The meteor shower was so intense that it looked like someone was shooting fireworks overhead and I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case. There had to be at least a dozen people over there when I arrived. They all had the same thoughts as I did and went over to make sure what we were seeing wasn't manmade. Incredible! The New Age music cranked up on the PA system only added to the effect. Rev was a very cool host too. If you ever get up there please tell him Al of Al's Pals sent you. It'll blow his mind.
        Willie in TN
        Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
        '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
        '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
        '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

meteors

They all had the same thoughts as I did and went over to make sure what we were seeing wasn't manmade. Incredible!
          Wow does that happen every year?

I remember many years ago being in Baja Mexico camping where there is very little ambient light in the desert and seeing a large glowing meteor go tracing across the sky. Very surreal; we don't see that stuff in the city. The meteor shower must be pretty intense.

Pos

Comment

Yep, every year. There are two showers actually, but I can't remember the name of the other one. I'll probably wake up in the middle of the night when I remember it. Just like in Baja, there's no light polution up there in the high desert. It makes for a helluva light show. At least it did back in the 80's. What really blew my mind was how many meteors there were. It was like a constant shower.
            Willie in TN
            Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
            '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
            '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
            '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

Nice little ride this morning

Curseboy invited me out with some of his freinds. (they were the fast ones on modern Buells/GSXR's of course).

Left about 8:30 back at 11:30.

Went to Wolf's on the 133 about 120 miles round trip. By going early we missed much of the Sunday traffic.

Beautify blue sky spring day in So Cal. I brought my camera but forgot to pull it out. Crap.

Thanks Curseboy.

Pos

Comment

OH for sure, anytime...we go most sundays

Comment

Forgot to ask

How many were in the group. We started out with 3 or more bikes but lost them? Were they with us?
                  Pos

Comment

we started with 5 bikes, 1 split off to Ojai, on the way back the 3 ahead of us were not held back the cops at the scene of that road biking accident.

Comment

Bikes

we started with 5 bikes, 1 split off to Ojai, on the way back the 3 ahead of us were not held back the cops at the scene of that road biking accident.
                      The two up riders must have split and then there were 5.

There was not much holding those guys up unless you were in front of them and then that did not last long either.

Pos

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
                        The two up riders must have split and then there were 5.

There was not much holding those guys up unless you were in front of them and then that did not last long either.

Pos

Marck on the Buell was on his slow bike, the 1125 and the gsxr750 were taking it easy! Usually they wait for me at wolf's for what must be 15 min.

Comment

Working...
                        X