No announcement yet.

Tail of the Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The road is amazing - do it once or twice - then move on to equally amazing roads in the area.
    Al Jones
    82 Suzuki GS850GL
    97 Suzuki TL1000S
    "Godspeed and may your rubber not fail".
    Bill Cosby - "A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."
    sigpic

___ -\
    (O)--(O)

Comment

ausome ride

I just rode the Dragon and the Cherahala skyway for the first time..Freakin ausome..the bad thing was i had like 4 police bikes on my ass the whole way on the dragon.I have found some pics of me and them to.Killboy has not posted his pics yet though.I cant wait to see the others..I will be at the dragon for the gs rally june 11 through the 14th.Cant wait to see some more old gs bikes like mine..The curves at the dragon are sick....

Comment

Originally posted by rideOn View Post
        I just read the top 5 scariest drives in America. 318 curves, hairpins and switchbacks in 11 miles. Has anyone done the tail of the dragon (rt 129 from NC to TN in the Smoky's)? I'm in that area in late May and thinking about doing it.
        What were the other four?
        Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
        80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Highway 50 and Highway1 are two of the others. I found the list at Forbes Traveler. Two others were in Hawaii and Alaska. In most cases what they deemed scary was lack of services on long stretches.
          sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
          2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Working...
          X