Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Am Spyder vs Harley Streetglide for Coast of Maine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked for RideNow Powersports in Suprise, AZ which was a Can-Am dealer. I talked to many happy customers about their Spyder and not one had anything bad to say about the ride. However they have some issues with the parking brakes going out, not once activated, but the release of them. Everyone thinks they need to stomp it to the ground and it bends the bracket and will not release unless you get on the ground and manually reach under the machine to release them.

I even seen some tricked out ones with hard side cases and trunk, seems perfect for the cross country run. The maint is less expensive then the harley would be as well.

My vote: The Can-Am

Have you gave any thought to Kawi's T-REX?

Comment

Originally posted by justin caise View Post
      Past experiences tell me that Boothbay is not to be missed. And up norther along rt 1 is on my agenda for next trip. (Hope my 7-ten is done by then.) Suffices to say it's all good North of Portland.
      And traffic? No-one around on an early monday morning thru early Tues morning - but it still preseason I guess. Word of advice for sunrise cruisers - bring your own coffee! Nothing but gas stations open till 7:am!

More shots and stories if interest is shown.
      Boothbay! That is where my dad lives. Actually, Barters Island:

It is nice riding up there...
      Currently bikeless
      '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
      '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

cycle world had some bad things to say about that spyder. i feel that not being able to lean in the corners would be BAD!!!

Comment

What? They'll rent you a dresser but no V-Rod or Gold Wing?

Glad you enjoyed your ride, but I think it would've been even more enjoyable on either of the above.

Comment

I sat on a Spyder the other day, it seemed kind of cool, might give it a try one day when I can no longer balance on two wheels.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
            X