X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It makes me dizzy just watching him ...

Comment

Maybe a group ride?

I was thinking a group ride through the Dragon or the GS Resource guys would be a great way to meet everyone and a great weekend event

Comment

Here's a link to Yellow Wolf filming while riding with a Duc 1098

Comment

Have heard of the story of two guys on sport bikes that went to Deals Gap. They thought they were hot stuff.

They called one of those services where a guy on bike follows along with camera to provide a vidio. They made a point to say they had fast sport bikes, a ZXRZKFXZR and a XRYZZXRZRR, and they were the best riders around, so the service had better send someone good that could keep up with them.

And they were annoyed when a guy showed up on a GoldWing (had cameras mounted on outriggers in front of fairing). So they protested and complained and crabbed. The camera guy just patiently listened untill they were done, and then quitely said if he could not keep up, the vidio would be free of charge.

So off they went. The camera guy stayed right behind them, the same distance behind, in the same place in the lane, the entire way. When they get the vidio they see that the camera guys was also zooming in and out the cameras, and switching from one camera to the other, and panning around to follow them thru the curves.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

GSdon will put his through the paces and drag all the way through a corner.
            Yamaha fz1 2007

Comment

The Tail

I once stayed right on the six of a youngster on an Interceptor on the Pig Trail in Arkansas. I was also on a Honda......an '87 Aspencade. This is more proof that the motorcycle doesn't make the rider.
              Last edited by Guest; 03-04-2010, 12:10 AM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                Have heard of the story of two guys on sport bikes that went to Deals Gap. They thought they were hot stuff.

They called one of those services where a guy on bike follows along with camera to provide a vidio. They made a point to say they had fast sport bikes, a ZXRZKFXZR and a XRYZZXRZRR, and they were the best riders around, so the service had better send someone good that could keep up with them.

And they were annoyed when a guy showed up on a GoldWing (had cameras mounted on outriggers in front of fairing). So they protested and complained and crabbed. The camera guy just patiently listened untill they were done, and then quitely said if he could not keep up, the vidio would be free of charge.

So off they went. The camera guy stayed right behind them, the same distance behind, in the same place in the lane, the entire way. When they get the vidio they see that the camera guys was also zooming in and out the cameras, and switching from one camera to the other, and panning around to follow them thru the curves.

ROTFLMAO, I love stories like this.
                '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post

Check out this video for a great GoldWing on the Dragon video. This guy will humble you!

this guy once did 106 runs on deals gap in 24 hoursfastest run about 11 minutes. He makes video's from your ride on Deals Gap (don't try to outrun this guy),...

-- Frank --

Comment

Greywolf did the IronButt on the Dragon at night, but also with a low temperature of 30-degrees F!

I heard they did not give him the IronButt award because it was not a highway and excess speeding was assumed. He did it for charity anyway...

~Adam

Comment

I've ridden that over hyped road on at least 15 different bike, including several wings. Most fun i ever had was on a yamaha xt600 dual sport bike with street tires.

There are better roads in Ohio, TN, WV, NC, and many other states. The gap is now too well known, with too much risk you'll get nailed by some clown that doesn't know how to ride.

My advice is stay away from the Gap, and ride other/better roads.
                      Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2010, 06:30 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

The Gap

Yup, it's become too much of a circus........plenty of clowns.

Comment

I have more corners on my first secret canyon road out of town, and no traffic, no cops, no idiots.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                          X