No announcement yet.

Ojai/Gorman/Maricopa Lockwood Valley Triangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jim and Bill, take a look at the post Tom MLC put up in the GS Meetingplace forum about the Mid-Cal event in Sept. Wouldn't want you guys to miss it, plus I gotta believe Bill/Chef will be extremely useful during the wine tasting portion of the trip (I mean because of his culinary knowledge not his drinking abilities, although those will probably come in handy also).

Comment

Hey Jim, have you done the 58 all the way to Bakersfield? That is a bitchin run and tight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris V View Post
        Hey Jim, have you done the 58 all the way to Bakersfield? That is a bitchin run and tight.
        No where do u start?

Comment

It starts at the 101 just before Atascadero going North. Actually it is in the town of Santa Margarita, it goes through the middle of it. GREAT RIDE!!!!
          Last edited by Guest; 08-04-2011, 11:41 AM.

Comment

It starts at the 101 just after Santa Maria going North.
            Oh yeah! I did that road in my Camaro right after I moved to Cali.
            I got buzzed by two F-16s and I thought my car was blowing up. I had T-tops and had front row seats to the coolness.
            I also saw my first wild Roadrunner on that route.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

It starts at the 101 just before Atascadero going North. Actually it is in the town of Santa Margarita, it goes through the middle of it. GREAT RIDE!!!!
              never done it; maybe add it to this trip

Comment

Working...
              X