Good Roads near SW Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
    Well You should come down to Red River Gorge in KY this summer for the 2010 Red River Rally. Rose and I are also getting hitched down there too so it promises to be not only a good weekend of GREAT roads but fun after ride festivities as well. The ride to get there is usually as fun as we can make it too! We'd love to have anyone who's interested in going. Last rally (07 its every other year split between this and Don's WV rally, which is also killer, we'll be at that in '11 too) i think we had 20ish bikes for its inaugural run. Promises to be a bit larger this time. DDaniels and yourself are more than welcome to come along! And DD, if you ever need a hand, Im probably right around the corner from ya..

Congrats on the engagement. I would love to do that. I've been to the Gorge a couple of times camping, but not on the bike. However, it will not be feasable for me to go in July. I appreciate the invite though.

Comment

Toejam...you have lots of nice riding just at your door.Rode thru Harrison this morning..you have rts..56,156,129,229,121,62..nice roads to ride on,maybe not a 10/22 as in KY but still nice.Combine some of those together and you could have a nice all day ride..

Just a few miles from ya today..

Comment

Comment

Yep, SW Ohio has tons of great roads.
          I've checked out the roads in the south east part of Ohio and they aren't worth your time. Trust me.

Comment

Conrail

Thanks for sharing the pics.

I've been on a few of those roads. IN 56 and IN156 both are nice roads. I recognize a few of those pictures. Metamora canal, and I assume the Markland lock near Warsaw, KY. The restaurant....is that the one near Warsaw called the Sunset Grille or something like that? Haven't been there, but I've ridden past it a few times. I have done the circle where I cross the Ohio at the Anderson Ferry, go to Rabbit Hash, then go KY338 to US42, and cross back over the Ohio at Markland, then follow IN 156 along the river back to Lawrenceburg/Ohio border.......pretty nice ride.

Where is that country road you took a picture of?
            Last edited by Guest; 11-30-2009, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT View Post
              Yep, SW Ohio has tons of great roads.
              I've checked out the roads in the south east part of Ohio and they aren't worth your time. Trust me.

I am assuming sarcasm here.

Comment

Originally posted by toejams1 View Post
                Thanks for sharing the pics.

I've been on a few of those roads. IN 56 and IN156 both are nice roads. I recognize a few of those pictures. Metamora canal, and I assume the Markland lock near Warsaw, KY. The restaurant....is that the one near Warsaw called the Sunset Grille or something like that? Haven't been there, but I've ridden past it a few times. I have done the circle where I cross the Ohio at the Anderson Ferry, go to Rabbit Hash, then go KY338 to US42, and cross back over the Ohio at Markland, then follow IN 156 along the river back to Lawrenceburg/Ohio border.......pretty nice ride.

Where is that country road you took a picture of?
                Restaurant was at Madison along the river park,nice place to visit an RT 62 is a good way back..

Don't know what kinda rider you are so I just mentioned a splis splash of roads.
                The 5 MPH sign was trail:-)..52 west to rt 1 south,first road on right River rd,ends up in Brookville,very narrow,the three cars I met pulled off the road a bit to let me thru

I was basicly looking for the final 30 miles of a group ride for next spring..RT 121 is still closed to Connersville.
                I am out by Mt Rumpke..couple of other riders on here know me as Amtrak.

Comment

I love those signs!!

Comment

Hey Cafe...

Comment

If I were wanting to take a few hour ride from Cincy I would hit Shawnee. The scenery is nice once you get past West Union, the roads are entertaining, and there's stuff to do at the park.

Take 32W to 125S and follow it through West Union. This will take you to Shawnee State Park. The road is fun and most of it is forested so it's nice and cool in the summer.

On your way back follow 125 all the way to Georgetown and take 68 to Mt. Orab and jump back on 32.

I live in Sardinia and one of my favorite quick rides (1 hour-ish) is to take 32W to 247W in Seaman. Follow that to Hillsboro and then hit 62E for the return trip.

Comment

Originally posted by toejams1 View Post
                        I am assuming sarcasm here.
                        Most definitely, in my view. I graduated from the University of Dayton, and lived in the Dayton area for 4 years afterwards. Had to travel for miles and miles to hit the good roads.

Here in rural central Maryland, where I moved 36 years ago, the good roads are all around me. Crossing into nearby PA, VA, and WV make things even better for riding.

I couldn't wait to get out of SW Ohio. I used to say that the best thing about SW Ohio was its proximity to Kentucky and Indiana.

SE Ohio, on the other hand -- some great motorcycle roads there. Have visited there many times.

Comment

There is soo much to see around here if ya take the time to look..

Comment

But the best part of riding around here is doing it with friends..

Comment

Kind of surprised I haven't seen Old Kemper Rd. mentioned. Been a long time since I tore through there, but did they close it? Renovate it so it's straighter?

Comment

I'm familiar with a Kemper road, that's just a long drag through town. Well, it's alright if you take it east out of town. Where would Old Kemper be?
                                Dogma
                                --
                                O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                                '80 GS850 GLT
                                '80 GS1000 GT
                                '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

Working...
                                X