Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
    Is the ice out on Mille Lacs yet ?
    Not yet. Gull is still iced over too. They're still taking atvs out on the bays in Leech Lake.

Comment

Just got done rebuilding forks, carbs, made one shim adjustment, the bike is ready for the ride pretty much as long as the petcock holds out (it's iffy, never should have tried switching it to prime). Any more MN riders out there, our central meeting point for Thursday is in Page, a blip on the road between Milace and Onamia. I'm figuring I'll be there around 9:30 or so. I'll have a metal flek silver helmet, red jacket, and probably be sitting around drinking coffee.

Comment

Well, there will be two of us there. Hard to miss my blue 79 750L. I have a silver helmet as well, and a black riding jacket (might have to lose it if it is as warm as today.

I tried getting Terry's bike up and running today but it looks like he will have to wait. He has the exact same bike as I do. Put in new coils and got her running well but it looks like the petcock is on its way out. Could be other issues but we won't have time to address them all.

I was so excited we got all four of his cylinders firing that I accidently touched the pipe to long when I was checking to see if it was firing Got a nice burn on my middle three fingers. I try not to do that more than once a riding season

Dan, see up near Milaca.

Rick

Comment

I'm game if people are headed south and I have time. I don't check the forum that often so feel free to email me at gabe@rallybimmer.com
          Does anybody arround have a shim collection? I am thinking of adjusting my 78 750 as it has never been done since I bought it...and who knows before that.
          thanks all!

Comment

Did the Spring Break ride already

I should have posted it here too, Rick posted, we did 400 miles total in one day, the map of the route (clickable) is contained in this post by Rick: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=156722
            We had some fun!!!!!

Comment

Wheres Pine River i relation to the Twin Cities? Have been talking about riding out that way this summer. My buddy Scot Janes andme just did a frame up restore of a 78 750E this winter and his folks live in Eden Prarrie. I rode out there 6 years ago on my Shadow with them him and his brother. Maybe if we come we can hook up and kick the tires a bit.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Click on the post that is one before yours. Dan posted a link to a map that showed our route and it shows Pine River in relation to the Twin Cities.

I live in White Bear Lake. Gimmee a holler if you come this way.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                X