No announcement yet.

Okanogan Highlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it doesn't look like I will be making the Conconully trip this summer.
    Seems both the wife and I have developed heart problems that we have to deal with. (Togetherness can go too far. Both of us with tachycardia? Really??)
    I was looking forward to a beer at the Chesaw tavern but I guess I'll have to wait.

This year has been a bitch....maybe next year.....

Comment

My old stomping grounds the Okanogan. Born in Kelowna. need to plan a trip out there soon. That photo of y'all in the cascades brings back memories. We need a NW GS event somewhere out there.

Comment

Thanks for the pics Don, and for the reminder of why I love the Pacific Northwest so much (not that I could ever forget). I grew up in the Fairhaven section of Bellingham and have many fond memories of the area.

My favorite ride was along the Chuckanut Highway from Fairhaven down to Edison. Great area to live and ride, miss it, planning to return when I retire (once a "Hamster", always a Hamster). :-)

Comment

Tom, here's a couple of photos from the mid 80's riding my buddies 80 750ET, when my license was revoked for 5 years. Chuckanut Drive. Sorry if the second photo is vertical. I hope and don't mean to hijack this thread, but am posting because this road was mentioned on the last page and I had a few photos in the archives.

GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Working...
          X