Bridge at Lansing Iowa Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridge at Lansing Iowa Closed

Many who have ridden the roads of NE Iowa and SW Wisconsin are familiar with the Lansing bridge. There are those who love to ride across this bridge that has an open grate steel floor (like my wife who likes to look down through the floor of the bridge while we are crossing it) and those who aren't fond of it at all (like me who doesn't appreciate how the surface tends to make the bike wander as if on ice).

However, if you were planning a route this weekend that would include crossing here, you will want to change your plans. A significant crack was found in one of the beams on Wednesday and it has been closed until it can be repaired.

8/23/2011 Update - The bridge was reopened this afternoon.

Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2011, 06:06 PM. Reason: Updated with bridge re-opening

I HATE riding on open grate bridges. I'll go miles out of my way to circumvent one.

As to the OP, yikes!

Comment

Open grate is no harder than riding on planed asphalt.
      You all need to learn how to drive.

Comment

Just stay loose and let the bike do it's thing. Eventually you'll get used to it and stop thinking about puking. If you think you're getting used to them then trying looking down.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Originally posted by dwvoss View Post
          A significant crack was found in one of the beams
          Got a Welder ?
          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Bridge has been reopened

Repairs to the cracked beam have been completed, and the bridge was reopened today.

Comment

Working...
            X