H-58 Munising to Grand Marais, Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H-58 Munising to Grand Marais, Michigan

Has anyone else had the pleasure of riding this newly completed (Oct-2010) county road? We camped at Kingston Lake State Park, right in the middle of the twisty section, about 10 miles West of Grand Marais & the Dunes Saloon.

It seems like it was just made for motorcycling; with consistent radius turns, super smooth pavement, no shoulders-but no blind corners, long enough straights for passing. Only had a couple gravel roads intersecting it, but never in a corner so the road was pretty much debris-free. It was just as fun at 40mph as 65.

Camping was hard to find at the National Lakeshore campgrounds, but plentyful at the nearby state parks. I highly recommend it. Definitely the best road of my recent trip through Wisconsin and Michigan's upper peninsula.

I don't have any pics of our trip, but here is a good video I found.

Comment

I'm thinking I'm going to have to check it out.

Comment

I need to try that stretch!

Comment

I just saw this thread. I have spent a great deal of time in Da U P.
          (that is what we call our Upper Peninsula) H-58 is destined to be one of the greatest motorcycle roads in America. I hosted our "Midwest F ride"
          (I am a Honda guy & ride classic dohc F bikes) based out of Gould City and we had a blast riding 58 as well as "Ten Curves Rd" in Curtis.
          The UP's "Brockway Mt Pass" in our Kewanaw peninsula is another top 10 ride.

Comment

Working...
          X