Isle of Vashon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isle of Vashon

Wife and I just got back from attending our first 'Isle of Vashon TT'.
    This is an annual event put on by the 'Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts' club or VME. They do a great job. Lots of cool old bikes (and people) with a poker run, burgers and games.
    We saw that nvr2old's Cooley was in the judging, so GSR was represented.

We won't be missing this from now on.....

I've wanted to hit the "I of V" event for years now, just hasn't seemed to work out....sounds like a good time.

Hmmm...perhaps a GSR outing next year, with Vashon as the destination?
    I've heard that VME keeps the actual event date on the 'down-low', but it would help to know the date in advance, for planning purposes.

Comment

Indiesol's a member of both the GSR and VME

Did you see his 1000G there?
      1978 GS 1000 (since new)
      1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
      1978 GS 1000 (parts)
      1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
      1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
      1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
      2007 DRz 400S
      1999 ATK 490ES
      1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Take any pictures
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

I've been a member of VME for a while. I was hoping to go this year. I know the bikes are suposed to be '75 and older, but...
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

This "I of V" sounds interesting.

cg
            sigpic
            83 GS1100g
            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Pictures would REALLY help in this thread.

Daniel

Comment

From a forum local to me, here's a bunch of pics from the 2010 I of V.
                Gives you a taste of what this event is all about...

I am NOT gonna miss it in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by ronin1166 View Post
                  I've wanted to hit the "I of V" event for years now, just hasn't seemed to work out....sounds like a good time.

Hmmm...perhaps a GSR outing next year, with Vashon as the destination?
                  I've heard that VME keeps the actual event date on the 'down-low', but it would help to know the date in advance, for planning purposes.

By the way, thanks for for photo link and that's nvr2old's (Larry) "S". If it's held the same time next year I'm pretty sure it'll be on my places to go list. A GSR showing there might be nice. My brother in Vancouver has some nice vintage stuff, maybe do a coast trip and plan it around the event.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Thanks for the link Ted, some fine looking cycles. Nice chicken strips on the Agusta, such a shame for such a capable bike.
                    GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

If you guys could alert me soon enough, I'd like to come up and attend.

cg
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g
                      2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post
                        If you guys could alert me soon enough, I'd like to come up and attend.

cg
                        I have been considering joining VME. I'm not normally much of a joiner - more of a lone wolf type - but these guys seem to have it together and I need to expand my motorcycle connections.

I'll let you know what I find out

Comment

Working...
                        X