Need a vacation spot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bwringer View Post

....and many consider the hospital their home.
    Yes and this can occasionally become problematic
    "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

When I took a couple art history classes way back when, one of the biggest parts of it was architecture. People study architecture as art, and from the looks of the pictures you posted, this place could fit right into that study easily.
      Current Bikes:
      2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Allie,Here's a pic of the clock tower at Worcester State Hospital. They may demolish it due to lack of funds for upkeep.I couldn't get a better picture,the guy in the orange kicked me off the grounds.It would be a shame,spectacular building.

1978 GS1000C
        1979 GS1000E
        1980 GS1000E
        2004 Roadstar

Comment

Is that Dr. Emmet Brown climbing up the tower?? It would be a shame to lose such a marvelous structure.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Allie,

Yes, Interesting place.

But not understanding your comment about a vaction place. Seems to be boarded up.
            Or are you refereing to staying at your place?
            ha ha ha

Travese City Michigan (were I used to live) had a "State Hospital", several/many building over 63 acres.
            My wife's grandmother was a head nurse there for decades, and grandfater was an electricain there.
            An old postcard picture.

Now some of the buildings are office buildings, some residental appartmernts, and some retail shops.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Oh just being ironic about my 'destination', not much of a vacation spot. That sure was a spectacular building in the post card. Of course back when it was built there were lots of buildings like that I guess, but time and rarity makes the survivors stand out. Kind of like the Plymouth Duster I used to drive, someone was going on about how huge it was - it was a 'compact' in it's day.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

I grew up not that far from here.
                This place closed for alot of reasons, not just mold, but scandal too...
                and I believe they have a preservation society for it. Also I think part of the place is still active. Not 100% on that last one.

Comment

Greystone has had it's share of scandal but the place never really closed, it just moved into a new building. I'm unaware of any official preservation society. My boss happens to be as much of a history geek as I am and has a lot of archival info, photo albums, etc. from the old place. She made a nice display that's in the current lobby. There ARE still a couple of buildings in use for filing and such.

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Working...
                  X