Tallahassee/Leon County Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tallahassee/Leon County Florida

Each Sunday I'm blessed with a ride across the rolling hills of North Florida to church, and then after service I usually take a back road. I bought my Concours and then the GS after hearing my Pastor preach about wants vs. needs, and how he had loaned his pickup to a member that left his bike w/ Pastor. Pastor & wife went riding on the back roads in the area and had a great day.

Miccosukkee Road is one of many canopy roads in the area- the trees have overgrown over the middle of the road and formed an overhead canopy. In the summer, this drops the air temp about 7 degrees. The open road is TS Green Road that runs on the north side of Lake Miccosukkee. I may pass 6 vehicles in 10 miles while riding on a Sunday. I took a few pictures while riding a year ago:

Love that road.

Every take a trip to Bradly's Country Store down Centerville Road for the sausage dogs?

Comment

I went there once with a friend in an SUV. I told the clerk a sausage joke that went over pretty good:

I'll wager you can't answer "The Sausage" to any 3 questions I ask you.

1. You are walking into the grocery store and an old lady carrying her groceries is knocked down by a car. You run over to her. What do you pick up first, the old lady or the sausage?

2. A little boy is in a burning building eating a sausage. You run into the building. What do you bring out first, the little boy or the sausage?

3. If you should happen to win this bet, which would you prefer, the money or the sausage?

Comment

Nice pic but Fla dont got no turns.

Flatter than Iowa. Well, not quite but almost.
        sigpic

82 GS850
        78 GS1000
        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
        .................________-|___\____
        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

If you want flat, south FL is your place. The terrain up here is really nice. There are a couple of s-curves on my ride home that the GS can enjoy.

Comment

Tallahassee is really South Gaw-jah.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
              If you want flat, south FL is your place. The terrain up here is really nice. There are a couple of s-curves on my ride home that the GS can enjoy.

I have family in Jacksonville. Flat!
              You're right though, more south ya go the flatter.
              South Gaw-jah=Gods country!

I dont care which road I'm on. If I'm riding it's a good one.

Jes giving ya a hard time.

Great pics!!
              Last edited by Octain; 12-13-2011, 07:49 PM.
              sigpic

82 GS850
              78 GS1000
              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
              .................________-|___\____
              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

You mean Jaww-juh
                1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                1983 GS 1100 G
                2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

I love heading out from my house in Perry on a sunday afternoon and taking the 90 mile ride out to lake iammomia to K&K fishcamp and meeting up with all the other area bikers. Its a beautifull ride through the canopy roads in and around Leon county. Listen to some live music and enjoy some wonderful company then back up 12 to havanna and east into Tally then stop at shuckers for some oysters and beer. Then a early evening ride through Wakulla with a stop at Outz's for one last beer, then a high speed shot east on 98 for the last 40 miles home. All in all about 200 miles of spring and summer bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by Blastr2783 View Post
                    I love heading out from my house in Perry on a sunday afternoon and taking the 90 mile ride out to lake iammomia to K&K fishcamp and meeting up with all the other area bikers. Its a beautifull ride through the canopy roads in and around Leon county. Listen to some live music and enjoy some wonderful company then back up 12 to havanna and east into Tally then stop at shuckers for some oysters and beer. Then a early evening ride through Wakulla with a stop at Outz's for one last beer, then a high speed shot east on 98 for the last 40 miles home. All in all about 200 miles of spring and summer bliss.
                    Love it. That would be a great ride. I used to take the kids fishing at Lake Iammonia.

Comment

at least once a month

During the spring and summer it is a my default Sunday ride if aint nothing else going on.

Comment

I made the trip through Tallahassee many times on my '78 GS1000E to Biloxi from Homestead. I thought it was really nice country. Lots of pine trees! I used Interstate 10, it was flat and straight and I drove through it very fast. It was then a nice road with little traffic and pretty open on the sides so you could spot any critters that might want to jump out in front of you.
                        sigpic
                        Steve
                        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                          I made the trip through Tallahassee many times on my '78 GS1000E to Biloxi from Homestead. I thought it was really nice country. Lots of pine trees! I used Interstate 10, it was flat and straight and I drove through it very fast. It was then a nice road with little traffic and pretty open on the sides so you could spot any critters that might want to jump out in front of you.
                          Very nice description of interstate travel

Comment

If youwant curves come to Citrus County. plenty of them leading to the ocean or lakes and river. Lots of good ones betwen Citrus and Sumter county too.

Comment

Heading to Deland Saturdy. Then to Bunnell Sunday for a sober pig roast. off the beaten path of Daytona bikeweek

Comment

Working...
                              X