Borrego Springs, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borrego Springs, CA

My Mom spends the winters in Borrego Springs. The wife and I are going to visit her before she returns to MN. We're flying into LA and then driving the scenic route out to Borrego. Is there any way I can get my Bike into checked baggage ?

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

How familliar are you with the area? There is excellent riding all around there. More than I have personally ridden by far, and its been a while since I rode through Borrego Springs (on a Triumph Hurricane last time, in the late 80's), but even in a car its really nice.
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
      How familliar are you with the area?
      Never been there. My Mom and her husband have been wintering there about 6 years and last year they bought a house. Appears to be "29 palms hot" in the summer but my Mom loves it there from Dec-Apr. I see myself out exploring on a on a KTM 950.........
      82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

You can't go wrong. Idyllwild to Banning, Julian, Even 74 between Palm Desert and Hemet. Mt Palomar.

Just don't tell anybody.
        Last edited by 850 Combat; 04-03-2012, 09:47 AM.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Yes, great riding territory...
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Rouge
            The roads......2 lane are windy and up and down....pulling "G's" in 2 axis for sure if the KTM is stretching it's legs a bit.
            This is only wishful thinking. Actually more of a dream. Ill be driving a rental car with my wife calling the shots. Those shots will most certinly NOT include anything with 2 wheels .
            82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

I was born and raised in Escondido. Went to Borrego at lest once a year from '62 to '93, when we moved to NM. You'll love it. If your lucky to catch the spring bloom, you will be blown away. Stay at the Hacienda Del Sol, laid back and comfortable bungalows. Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
              X