No announcement yet.

Pacific Coast Highway Magazine Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best part of the coast is the part in Oregon and Washington. Don't cut yourself short.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Where's all this at?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Make sure you go in either spring or fall. Summer is usually really foggy and wet. I used to live in Monterey and some of the best clear weather was in spring and fall going up and down PCH. Bring wet weather gear. You know what that saying is around San Francisco..."The coldest winter I have ever experienced is a summer in San Francisco" This is very true.

Comment

that is an amazing ride, rode to it from arkansas rode it from florence OR down to San Dieago and then back to Arkansas, all those miles i can garuntee the PCH was the best, We even caught Yellow stone, The black hills, Bear tooth pass, badlands, and several scenic roads and places along the way, after the PCH we rode to hover damn and grand canyon, then home. We found hwy242 by accident in ORegan which is also a very great road, going near the three sisters and through a lava field it was pretty awesome sights, The fog was bad in the morning up in Oregan and northern california as well, it was cold rides till it got out of there. Hwy 1 in my opinion was the best the first 30 miles or so getting to the coast was one of the best roads ever made for a motorcycle, I dragged more chrome of the bottom of my pipes on that road than i ever could anywhere else, I accidently dragged my engine guard on the road and popped on of the reflectors off the highway into my lap, some corners the cliff wall is right in your face when it is an inside corner and on the outside corners it is just the opposite. One thing i can say about that area cars for the most part do pull over and let the two wheels go by . I will agree it should be on every individuals list to take this road once in their life. It is amazing!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X