Mini Colorado Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Colorado Tour

Hey all! I got pretty excited the last couple weeks about riding with the weather getting better and all. So I decided I would kick the season off with a little planned adventure. I found a website that listed all the claimed "largest things in the world" sorted by state. Living in Colorado I decided to tackle those, there are five here. So I thought I would share!

First, not really a 'largest thing." But seeing how I live three miles from Garden of the Gods, I thought it would be a nice test drive after about 30 hours of bike maintenance.

I'm missing my side plastics because I had just redone the decals...

Next is a rhinoceros beetle?

And the largest rocking chair. Look! It's for sale!

This guy was in an RV park that happened to be closed, so I had to sneak my in. Well, as sneaky as a rumbling GS gets I suppose.

Ice cream shop in Denver..

And the most fun one to ride to. An old Coney Island hot dog stand in Bailey, the only destination on this list that had a bit of mountain twisties. So I saved it for last

All in all, fun rides. Maybe just under 600 miles of riding. And a nice way to kick off the season!

Blake

Cool ride and a sweet-looking bike!
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Yeah, nice ride and bike.

Let me know if you venture north of Denver. We've got a few twisty roads

Comment

Great pictures!! man that's a lot to see in one ride.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Ha! Coney Island is awesome. Where abouts is the giant Beetle at? I'd like to go see that one.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffasaurus2 View Post
            Ha! Coney Island is awesome. Where abouts is the giant Beetle at? I'd like to go see that one.

The bugs are on hiway 115 South of CSprings. Nice ride if you can get past all the trafic between there and Denver. Ray
            "Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded" -Yogi Berra
            GS Valve Shim Club http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=122394
            1978 GS1000EC Back home with DJ
            1979 GS1000SN The new hope
            1986 VFR700F2 Recycled

Comment

Thanks for the fotos!
              I forget where the giant concrete priarie dog is, it is either in CO or KANSAS!

1979 GS1000

Comment

Very nice pics...can't be too far from me, as I am just off I-25/Woodmen!

Comment

Working...
                X