HWY 421 "The Snake" Northeast Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HWY 421 "The Snake" Northeast Tennessee

If anyone lives withing 100 miles of northeast TN and ride motorcycles, then you have probably heard of Hwy 421, or "The Snake" as some call it. I could go on and on about how awesome it is but you can do a little research for yourself at www.421thesnake.com . If you live within 500 miles it's worth the trip. Once you get into Shady Valley, TN all four roads leaving from the crossroads where you'll find the Country Store are winding and each direction has there own something special to offer

Sounds great! Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Thanks. I appreciate the tip too. One of these years I intend to take the old bike on a road trip there.
      Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

Been there numerous times and, personally, prefer it to the more popular and dangerous, Dragon.
        Willie
        Common sense has become so uncommon that I consider it a super power.

Present Stable includes:
        '74 GT750 Resto-mod I've owned since '79
        '83 GS1100E (The best E I've ever enjoyed, Joe Nardy's former bike)
        '82 GS1100G Resto project

Comment

I used to live in Gray, 421 is highly recommended!! and once you get tired of that one there are several hundred others in the area too!

Comment

421 is one of my favorite all time roads. It is a tough road as there is no real 'rhythm' to it. It is unpredictable if you don't know it well. It also has much less traffic than the Dragon.

Joe
            IBA# 24077
            '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
            '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
            '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Working...
            X