Day rides around Nashville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day rides around Nashville

I might end up in Nashville a little this year. Are there any good day rides in, and around, the area? What is the area like for riding in general?
    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Nashville proper is pretty flat. East toward Cookville and West in the Buffalo River area (Loretta Lynn's) has some decent riding. Clarksville TN is between here and Nashville, with some advance notice I could meet you there and show you around the Land Between the Lakes National recreation area.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

http://www.southerndozen.com/ Something to look at.

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
        ...with some advance notice I could meet you ...and show you around the Land Between the Lakes National recreation area.
        I might just take you up on that!!!

http://www.southerndozen.com/ Something to look at.
        Yeah, I was looking at this earlier based on posts from a rally thread. Looks cool. But from Nashville I could be at the Deal's Gap Resort in less time. Either would be a long day.
        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Any idea when you will be in N'ville?

Where I've been Riding

Comment

http://devilstriangletn.com/ This one is not as far from Nashville, close to Oak Ridge. I rode it this Fall. Very challenging, not for beginners

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Any idea when you will be in N'ville?
              Not yet. No immediate plans but expect to have some business in the area later in the year (fingers crossed). I'll keep you posted.

http://devilstriangletn.com/ This one is not as far from Nashville, close to Oak Ridge. I rode it this Fall. Very challenging, not for beginners
              Yeah, thats a great ride. A few of us made our way there during a rally a few years ago. Would love to go back.

Comment

My dad sent me this website link a while back.
                Motorcycleroads.com
                (The link goes to the Tennessee page.)

Comment

Originally posted by wkmpt View Post
                  My dad sent me this website link a while back.
                  Motorcycleroads.com
                  (The link goes to the Tennessee page.)
                  Thanks Matt. I've been looking at that site quite a bit. Most of the interesting rides area a little farther east toward the mountains. But it does look like there are a few interesting routes closer to town. Now I'll just have to get down there and check them out.

Comment

The Alvin York State Park is Sgt. York's home and is about 130 miles away in Pall Mall, TN and is worth the visit and is in nice country. Andy Jackson's home, The Hermitage is just outside Nashville and likewise is worth the visit. The Dragon / US 129 isn't that far away....about 200 miles.

Comment

Nashville proper is pretty flat. East toward Cookville and West in the Buffalo River area (Loretta Lynn's) has some decent riding. Clarksville TN is between here and Nashville, with some advance notice I could meet you there and show you around the Land Between the Lakes National recreation area.
                      If I get my 700 to agree with me, maybe I can take him out in the sticks between here and Dickson. I'm talking roads with so many twisties that the DOT stopped painting the lines when they built a straighter replacement road.

Comment

Working...
                      X