Golden, Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden, Colorado

About 10 miles west of Denver is Golden, the home of Coors Brewery. Lookout Mountain, in the foothills just west of Golden, has a twisty 5-mile ride up to the top where Buffalo Bill is buried. Here's a video coming down Lookout Mountain on my 79 GS1000:

Beautiful ride.

What's your average speed on the descent?

Nic
    83 GS1100ES rebuild:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170032

Budget GSXR Conversion:

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=200563

New to me bike: 2008 B-KING

Comment

Originally posted by niclpnut View Post
      Beautiful ride.

What's your average speed on the descent?

Nic
      My camera is mounted on the handlebar, so you can't see the speedo in the video, and I rarely look at it because it's so inaccurate. Mostly, I just enjoy the ride. I have seen some bicyclists pass cars on the way down.

Comment

Cool video, the music matched the video great...
        My Motorcycles:
        22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
        22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
        82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
        81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
        79 1000e (all original)
        82 850g (all original)
        80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Nice, Love that area.

I shoot with my go pro mounted on my helmet so you can see a little bit of the instruments and bars as well. I also have a "chesty" mount but haven't tried it yet. The toughest thing with the go pro is the rolling shutter, where everything juggles and shakes around. There is some decent editing software out there to help correct it, but lately I've been doing time-lapse instead of video, and when you put it together as a video, it looks pretty good but can also be very jerky...

We've had a very mild winter so far this year on this side of the Rockies, looks like you shot this in June, bet your winter has been mild as well.

Personally, I'm hoping for an early spring as I'm itching to ride, but we need more snow rain or it's going to be a water rationing year.
          ----------------------------------------------------------------
          2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Originally posted by mikerophone View Post
            Nice, Love that area.
            Me too.

Originally posted by mikerophone View Post

We've had a very mild winter so far this year on this side of the Rockies, looks like you shot this in June, bet your winter has been mild as well.

Fairly mild, been riding most every day when I'm home.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Nice video, great road, nice riding! Makes me really itching to get out this June to West Virginia & southwestern Virginia... There are some similar mountain roads out there.

Was this a recent video? Its really that nice out there? T8rbug mentioned how it was looking like an early spring was coming to Colorado. We're on our third arctic blast of the season here in the Midwest/great lakes region...
              '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
              '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
              '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
              '79 GS425stock
              PROJECTS:
              '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
              '77 GS550 740cc major mods
              '77 GS400 489cc racer build
              '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
              '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Lived right at 6th ave freeway & colfax for 3 years..... Know that ride well.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
                  And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                  Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Being from Colorado Springs the Pike's Peak highway is a fun one

Comment

Working...
                    X