Krk island - Croatia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krk island - Croatia

Yesterday i went to a short one day trip to the island of Krk ( https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Ra...45.0278995!3e0 ) with my girlfriend,she rides a Honda CBR 125,small bike but very reliable,has 40056km with no issues just oil and tires change,fuel economy of 3l/100km and can follow my GS400 with no problem (i like to ride at mid speeds and enjoy the road).
    The weather was good,sunny but a little fresh in the morning when we started,'cause we went from 25C in the morning to 13C and from 39C to 26C at noon after a few days of rain.
    The first part of the trip was through 'Plominka' a beautiful road with a lot of twisty turns and good view of the coast and sea, you can find a description and the map here (3rd place) http://www.mototrip-tours.com/blog/r...ds-for-riders/
    After Plominka we went on the highway,a bit windy but we passed with no problem except that i needed to put together my gas return cable 'cause it separated from the end (not original cables, i bought a few meter of cable,cut it and put ends with little screws on it).
    After the bridge to the island of Krk the road is really enjoyable,long turns mid speed of 80kmh.
    When we arrived to the city of Krk,we parked our bikes under some trees and went on a coffee before a walk on the docks and beaches.
    The city is fantastic not to much tourists,quiet,long beautiful walkways,tight streets with lots of shops,beautiful chicks :P and the people are very friendly.
    Before we went home we stopped in Plomin luka where we had a family dinner at my girlfriend's uncle restaurant,we ate alot of spaghetti with oysters and we drank good wine, perfect ending of a trip.

The Island of Krk Tourist Board Discover the charm and ...

Comment

Beautiful pictures. Thanks so much for sharing.
      David
      1998 Suzuki Bandit
      1978 GS750 gone but not forgotten
      1978 GS1000 - gone
      1981 GS850 - gone

Comment

Reading and looking through your pictures is an excellent way to start the morning. Beautiful coast and towns, but like many things on GSR, the chicks don't exist without pictures. Thank you!

Charlie G
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

hehe i know but my girlfriend was with me so i cant take some pictures :P

Comment

Great pictures, thank you
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Andy24 View Post
              hehe i know but my girlfriend was with me so i cant take some pictures :P
              I understand...
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Nothing wrong with taking a picture of the girlfriend....

I should bring my 750 to Croatia and ride it when I am there, but I just don't get there every year so it would just end up sitting there more than being ridden..... :-(
                Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2015, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X