No announcement yet.

Riding to Vegas for a wedding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once I made it to Cambria I headed east on 46... To 101 south to 41 east to Creston....where I turned onto LaPanza Rd ( a guy on the bmw forum gave me this route to take) what an awesome road! Then on to 58 east where it eventually turns into 178. On to Lake Isabella...50 miles past that to north 395 for another 45 miles to Olancha and route 190east to Death Valley.
    This was at Big Sur

And on to the desert portion of the trip...

Mc Kitterick...

So Death Valley....here is where things got interesting ....temp was a high of 38.5.... I had my hydration pack with me..

Here is where I discovered that my prescription glasses had fallen out of my tail bag as a zipper had broken. I had been wearing my sunglasses and have my sheild open.
    so it takes a long time to across Death Valley....lol.....I stopped in Furnace Creek to get gas...at 7:45 and it was dark already..also gets dark fast in the desert...lol
    so here I am a long way to ride through the desert in the dark, and wearing sunglasses. Yikes....had to wait for a car to come alonf
    g to follow. Saw signs for "wild horses" " deer" ..road construction ...man oh man! I made it to my my brother in laws house in Vegas at 9:40..... 1000.3 km day....13 hours in the saddle. I have never been so glad to get off my bike!! Lol

niw to plan a route home....it won't include Death Valley!!!! Lol
    No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
      Two Wheeled Tuesday. it's a few miles from my place

Remember, you missed going to his place at Vince's rally. About 80 riders there last month, all of them laughed at my hand
      Hey Todd, where is this event. I need to start planning a route home aand who knows maybe I can show up there. Thanks
      No signature

Comment

Gorgeous pictures. Those make one almost envy the folks living in the Americas.
        #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
        #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
        #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
        #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Let me know if you are stopping by here on the way back, I need to start cleaning
          sigpic
          09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
          1983 GS1100e
          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
          1980 GS1260
          Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
            Let me know if you are stopping by here on the way back, I need to start cleaning
            Bob, that might happen ..
            No signature

Comment

Wow Great read!!! I really want to get to that west coast some point in my life... Maybe next year. I have to get my department in a position it can function on its own and without my continual presence.

Bike or even now my new Car, I think it would be an awesome adventure to travel the +7K miles to see that part of the continent. Rip up some roads, meet some new people and come back home.

Enjoy and ride safe. Subscribed.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125
              2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
              Originally posted by Hayabuser
              Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Left Vegas at 12:10 pm today. Just stopped for gas and a bite to eat. Taking 15 north to 9 which will turn into 89 north up to Salt Lake City . Not sure how far I will get today as the wedding last night was pretty big... Lol had a great time in Vegas and even got in a round of golf at Las Vegas National.

signed
                another unhappy liberal.
                No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  Hey Todd, where is this event. I need to start planning a route home aand who knows maybe I can show up there. Thanks
                  Trev,

sorry I haven't been keeping up with you, Beaverton, OR

It seems you went east instead
                  1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                  1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                  1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                  1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                  1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                  1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                  2007 DRz 400S
                  1999 ATK 490ES
                  1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Treb, you are a little west now but if you are cing this way the maricopa to pine mountain is my favorite ride in S. Cal

Comment

On your way back thru SF ? ... check it out ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-GS-/1...m=121984169747

... come over to the dark side !!
                      1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post
                        On your way back thru SF ? ... check it out ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Suzuki-GS-/1...m=121984169747

... come over to the dark side !!
                        Is that yours?
                        sigpic
                        83 GS1100g
                        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I think Trev has a side trip to Colorado planned
                          sigpic
                          1983 GS1100e
                          82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                          1980 GS1260

Comment

>>signed
                            another unhappy liberal. <<

I thought we took away your Vortex privileges! Moderator!!!!
                            sigpic
                            1983 GS1100e
                            82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                            1980 GS1260

Comment

While in Vegas I had made an appointment get new tires. Went with the Michelin pilot 4 GT again....4th set now. Wow crazy price..$609us out the door....of course that's about $23,000 Canadian lol...

left my brother in law's house just after 12....

Zion National Park....beautiful!

I pulled into Richfield Ut just before a storm came in....507kms today. No idea where I'm staying tomorrow lol

No signature

Comment

Glad to hear you rode through Zion! It's like being on a different planet going through there. That's a cool tunnel you have to ride through, nice to have a window in it so you can admire the view too! Hope your weather holds, have a fun trip home. I'll have the guest bedroom ready if you decide to come back via the Okanagan.
                                IBA# 12860
                                Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                                1984 KZ1100R
                                2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                                2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Working...
                                X