Riding to Vegas for a wedding!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riding to Vegas for a wedding!

My wife's brother is getting married May 14th...him and his bride to be, live there. He's a lawyer and she is a nurse. Funny how they met...My brother in law is one smart cookie...he put himself through law school (had a partial scholarship)at UNLV by playing poker. He was good..paid for a nice car and real nice apt...played with some TV guys and he managed to get staked as well. She was a card dealer putting herself through nursing school.

Anyway..I have had a rough couple of weeks..the bike loss being part of it but some other stuff has been going on...

My wife is away with her mom in Budapest and now in Paris..a 40th birthday present to my wife from her mom..very cool.

We were to fly to Vegas next Wed for Saturday's wedding. I emailed my wife.."think I could get a refund on my plane ticket"? She says "why"? I tell her "I really feel like getting away by myself for a good ride on my bike...I could leave Sunday and see you guys Wed in Vegas"...She says..."fu*k the plane ticket..who cares if we can get a refund...go do it honey"!!
    And in an instant I realized one of the reasons I love her so much....she let's me be me. She's confident in who she is and our relationship.

So here we go...only 4 days to plan....can't wait!
    No signature

Budapest is such an amazing city. My family comes from there, Trev, and it always feels good to visit. That said, your wife is an incredible person.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      Budapest is such an amazing city. My family comes from there, Trev, and it always feels good to visit. That said, your wife is an incredible person.
      Thanks you.. She has been sending "bike of the day" pics everyday. She is awesome.
      No signature

Comment

Nice, lucky for you. You got a good woman there. Enjoy the ride! And post some damn pictures

Comment

Sounds like fun Trevor! I bet you're looking forward to those high speed runs across the Nevada desert. Think about taking a trip through Death Valley either on the way there or back. Should be nice and toasty at this time of year. Oh, I know how much of a redneck you are, so don't forget your favourite Ram mount accessory!

IBA# 12860
          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
          1984 KZ1100R
          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

You taking a trailer with you?? Have fun my friend, and take the cooling vest with you, you might eve get to use it this time.
            Rob
            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Trevor,

Have a good trip and think about ending up in Beaverton on the 17th, so you can go to The Collector's TWT event
              1978 GS 1000 (since new)
              1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
              1978 GS 1000 (parts)
              1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
              1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
              1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
              2007 DRz 400S
              1999 ATK 490ES
              1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                Trevor,

Have a good trip and think about ending up in Beaverton on the 17th, so you can go to The Collector's TWT event
                Hey what is that Todd?
                No signature

Comment

I have a bed and a couple beers with your name on them, if you need a place to sleep during your travels.
                  sigpic
                  83 GS1100g
                  2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Hey what is that Todd?
                    Two Wheeled Tuesday. it's a few miles from my place

Remember, you missed going to his place at Vince's rally. About 80 riders there last month, all of them laughed at my hand
                    1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                    1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                    1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                    1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                    1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                    1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                    2007 DRz 400S
                    1999 ATK 490ES
                    1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
                      Two Wheeled Tuesday. it's a few miles from my place

Remember, you missed going to his place at Vince's rally. About 80 riders there last month, all of them laughed at my hand
                      I thought that was what you meant. Hmmmm...
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        So here we go...only 4 days to plan....can't wait!
                        Quite the trip Trev. Curious about your route. I drove 395 once and found that to be pretty good. Safe travels sir.
                        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Approximate mileage numbers? Multiple day trip?

Shiny side up!
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                            Approximate mileage numbers? Multiple day trip?

Shiny side up!
                            Leaving on the 10:30 ferry to Port Angeles..get there at noon....ride to Newport Or....maybe further (360 miles)...then up early Monday morning and ride my azz off...would like to get to the other side of San Fran 750-800 miles....find a place to stay. Then Tuesday cruise around Monterey and BiG Sur...etc...head east... over to Death Valley before Vegas. I need to be in Vegas Wed for dinner.
                            No signature

Comment

Let me know if you want to crash on the way back. Bachelor Rustic
                              sigpic
                              09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                              1983 GS1100e
                              82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                              1980 GS1260
                              Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                              X