4.5 hr gold country ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.5 hr gold country ride

I went on this killer ride Sunday. Four and a half hours (mapquest.com says it should be five) and you can see by the map (link) that it was all about the twistys! There was two or three miles on Sheep Ranch road that was really rough--just a road of patches, but the hairpins and elevation changes keep you too busy to complain much. The rest was very smooth.

I tried to figure out how to embed the map but I guess it won't work for forums--or I just don't know what I'm doing. Here's the link:

I need a GoPro type camera with a long lasting battery and hard drive that is, well, much cheaper than GoPro. Much.
    sigpic
    1983 GS1100ES (Bought July 2014)
    1983 GS1100E (Bought July 2014)
    1985 GS700ES (Bought June 2015) Sold
    On Christ the Solid Rock I Stand
    All Other Ground is Sinking Sand

Lucky you. I went out today and put in 211 miles with no twisties any tighter than about a 30 mph posted curve. What a drag.

Wish I had a go pro to show the best road I have to ride. It' only about 3 miles long with some mediocre curves in it. And to make matters worse, it is 30-35 miles to get to it.

It really sux living here in the flatlands.
    Larry

'79 GS 1000E
    '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
    '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
    '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
    '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by alke46 View Post
      Lucky you. I went out today and put in 211 miles with no twisties any tighter than about a 30 mph posted curve. What a drag.

Wish I had a go pro to show the best road I have to ride. It' only about 3 miles long with some mediocre curves in it. And to make matters worse, it is 30-35 miles to get to it.

It really sux living here in the flatlands.
      I drove through Nebraska on Hwy 80 11 years ago from Detroit where I picked up a car through Ebay. I don't remember a curve of any kind on that stretch but there was a great classic rock radio station that stayed with me through the entire state.
      sigpic

Comment

That looks kinda like the ride ive been plotting on google.

Comment

Originally posted by jjbmxer View Post
          That looks kinda like the ride ive been plotting on google.
          Pick a day brother. Gotta be on the road by 7am to beat this heat.
          sigpic

Comment

Well just got a head light and turn signals to put on, and salty monk kit. and my cbr needs an engine reinstalled

Comment

Originally posted by jjbmxer View Post
              Well just got a head light and turn signals to put on, and salty monk kit. and my cbr needs an engine reinstalled
              I guess I'll have to see what a salty monk kit is. Do you have a link so I don't have to look through every thread that has "salty" or "monk" or "kit" in it?
              sigpic

Comment

Salty Monk is a person (forum name) and he made adapters to allow the use of Kawasaki's twinpot brakes on our forks. You can do a search on twinpot to get more information
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by glib View Post
                  I guess I'll have to see what a salty monk kit is. Do you have a link so I don't have to look through every thread that has "salty" or "monk" or "kit" in it?
                  EDIT 1/1/2023 - Yes I have a few sets of brackets/spacers/hub spacers left - Price is $104 shipped Priority in the USA. Most other countries tend to be around $125-$130 shipped 1st class package. Newest brackets also allow the new Ninja EX650 Tokico calipers to be fitted as well as SV650 & DL650. Just some pics of the

Comment

Thank you. That is a looong thread but looks like a valuable upgrade.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X