No announcement yet.

Daytona Bike Week 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...are there speakers mounted on the handlebar?
    #1: 1979 GS 550 EC "Red" – Very first Bike / Overhaul thread        New here? ☛ Read the Top 10 Newbie mistakes thread
    #2: 1978 GS 550 EC "Blue" – Can't make it a donor / "Rebuild" thread     Manuals (and much more): See Cliff's homepage here
    #3: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 II Racer – One needs a runner while wrenching
    #4: 1980 Moto Guzzi V65C – Something to chill

Comment

Yeah blue tooth speakers.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        I did see allot!

So I pulled the bike off the truck and turn the key an nothing...

Then I went through the winter storm from Delaware to Virginia...

So nice to see some new trees.

Rolled in and it was nice to see the gorgeous weather... 20 hour ride.

Unloaded the bike and... Dead. The Harley was dead on arrival. No power to the ECU, only some of the lights were working...

4 hours later after the 20 hour drive:

Burned out main harness, to popped relays and and an issue with the main switch... Some hot-wiring and switch repair and the bike is running... I'll be going for a good ride. to the Yamaha dealer!
        a Harley breaking down at Daytona...weird. Lol
        No signature

Comment

Looking at a '18 Z900RS... Might put money down on that after I demo it tomorrow... Harley has been running great today! After my "Jedz" repair. 150 miles this far!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            Looking at a '18 Z900RS... Might put money down on that after I demo it tomorrow... Harley has been running great today! After my "Jedz" repair. 150 miles this far!
            Smart....go back Japanese Jedz... stop drinking orange koolaid ... it will only give you grief.
            No signature

Comment

Why? Japanese bikes aren't 100% bullet proof, either.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                With the 1/4 million miles I've had on bikes I have run into the same amount of problems on my Harleys than with my Japanese machines... I have over 200K miles on my Japanese bikes and about 15K on my Harleys...

Anyway minus another minor issue (side cover falling off) it was a solid 200 mile day of riding.

My Host/Guide and his a 2018 Indian Roadmaster with 116 kit... FYI I can't keep up... My bike will only do 125mph in 5th then I hit rev limiter.

Main Street in Daytona:

AND... the Street legal FTR 1200 is just hanging out behind the king of flat track the FTR 750... My next bike I'm thinking...

Man it's a peice but.. It looks soooo good...

Cabbage Patch...

AWESOME DAY!!!
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                  It will be in the high 70s today. Just saying. Be safe, see you Sunday.
                  Are you heading to the Eustis bike show and swap meet?

I fly out tomorrow morning and have 2 baseball games in Leesburg on Saturday. hope to be done between 2-3pm then head over. Is it worth going?
                  1979 GS850G
                  2004 SV650N track bike
                  2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                  LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Sorry couldn't tell ya. Most swap meets down here are 95% H-D. Hope you can report that's not the case, but I suspect you'll see a lot of H-D parts.
                    GSRick
                    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                      Lol...I think you know what I mean.
                      No signature

Comment

Sorry couldn't tell ya. Most swap meets down here are 95% H-D. Hope you can report that's not the case, but I suspect you'll see a lot of H-D parts.

Justin, do you know anything about this? http://www.motovermont.com/
                        1979 GS850G
                        2004 SV650N track bike
                        2005 TT-R125 pit bike
                        LRRS #246 / Northeast Cycles / Woodcraft / Armour Bodies / Hindle Exhaust / Central Mass Powersport

http://s327.photobucket.com/albums/k443/tas850g/

Comment

Nope but I should reach out... I get allot of inquiries from my other internet ventures. I could direct some revenue their way...
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Looks like you'll have some nice weather while your down here, but I'm seeing we may have a 50% chance of rain Sunday. Florida is weird when it comes to rain. I can't tell you how many times it's rained in my backyard while not a drop hits the front. Keep me informed on what your plans are for Sunday. Also the choice for dinner is up to you, Italian in Cocoa or seafood in Port Orange. Both places are on the water.
                            GSRick
                            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Trevor... A Harley NOT breaking down ANYWHERE....weird. Harley isn't the worst but it well behind EVERY Japanese branded cycle.

What began as a battle of the motorcycle brands, with a decisive ranking to show who makes the most reliable motorcycle, has resulted in a nationalist showdown.
                              Last edited by chuck hahn; 03-09-2018, 12:03 PM.
                              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Looks like you'll have some nice weather while your down here, but I'm seeing we may have a 50% chance of rain Sunday. Florida is weird when it comes to rain. I can't tell you how many times it's rained in my backyard while not a drop hits the front. Keep me informed on what your plans are for Sunday. Also the choice for dinner is up to you, Italian in Cocoa or seafood in Port Orange. Both places are on the water.
                                Lets do seafood in Port Orange!

Rick I'll shoot you a text but I'll likely be avoiding I-4 like the plague, allot of folks are telling me it's a road to avoid on the MC. I'll reach out to my Grands today and see what time they were thinking. Brisk weather down here this week. Fells more like fall riding.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X