No announcement yet.

Daytona Bike Week 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I awoke to this yesterday morning... I think I brought it down.

It was a great day at the speedway yesterday.

Got to see some awesome machines.

The New Honda CB1000R Neo was there... Can't wait to try that out. It looks awesome!

Demo rode the Z900 (out of Z900RS to demo) and I was meh about it. I just hate they way they look. Also very buzy at 7K rpm. It made good power though and it was fast!... Handles very well.

I am in love with this bike:

And this bike

Met up with Doug from Ament moto and went for a nice ride.

All in all it was a good day...
    But definitely feeling some buyers remorse after riding the Z900 and realizing how slow (and heavy) this Sportster is... I'm now on a mission... Get back to Vermont, put the XR-12 up, pull and ride the B-12 than save for that new Z900RS!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Sure just let me know what your schedule is. I can meet you somewhere south of me if you want. We've got some scenic roads west of me in Lake county that will take us out of the way and ad an extra hour or two to get over to Dave, but it's better than just hitting to straight line roads directly to the coast. If you're hurting for time I can scout some roads south of me, but I'm not real familiar with them. Most of the roads from central FL to the east coast beaches are arrow straight. I think it is for ease of evacuation for storms.

I'll be riding Obee my GSX1100G. Red my 1100E forks are bottoming out when I brake hard or hit a rough bump. I either need to loose weight or it's time for some new fork springs, probably both.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
        Sure just let me know what your schedule is. I can meet you somewhere south of me if you want. We've got some scenic roads west of me in Lake county that will take us out of the way and ad an extra hour or two to get over to Dave, but it's better than just hitting to straight line roads directly to the coast. If you're hurting for time I can scout some roads south of me, but I'm not real familiar with them. Most of the roads from central FL to the east coast beaches are arrow straight. I think it is for ease of evacuation for storms.

I'll be riding Obee my GSX1100G. Red my 1100E forks are bottoming out when I brake hard or hit a rough bump. I either need to loose weight or it's time for some new fork springs, probably both.
        Hey Rick!
        Unsure what time I will be heading back from my grandparents. I think we are going to be meeting in Lakeland so I'm not traveling as far to Tampa. Then I'll mosey back your way.
        On the GS1100G?... Jealous. I'm so done with the Harley I should have taken the Bandit down. Slow, heavy and boring.
        I'll shoot you a text, we could meet south of you and ride back over to Port Orange. But if I had to guess be in you neck of the woods around 2:30-3ish.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

We can
          Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
          Hey Rick!
          Unsure what time I will be heading back from my grandparents. I think we are going to be meeting in Lakeland so I'm not traveling as far to Tampa. Then I'll mosey back your way.
          On the GS1100G?... Jealous. I'm so done with the Harley I should have taken the Bandit down. Slow, heavy and boring.
          I'll shoot you a text, we could meet south of you and ride back over to Port Orange. But if I had to guess be in you neck of the woods around 2:30-3ish.
          meet at US27 and I-4 and do some scenic riding back. Do you want to ride over to Cocoa or will that be too much. I can get Dave to meet us near Oak Hill instead of down in Cocoa. Brandon is out, SuzyII isn't ready yet, unless he can borrow a bike.
          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Hi jedz, are you going to watch any races? or drive a stock car?

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
              Hi jedz, are you going to watch any races? or drive a stock car?
              Don't have time to busy riding.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Over 600 miles in the last 2 days... Just awesome riding down here. Took some great routes and YES there re windy roads in Florida. I even went on top of the biggest "mountain"
                Yesterday Ripped up Ocala and North of Ocala with Steve from Cafe Racer Podcast and Doug from Amen-Moto.

Steve's KTM 1290 Super Adventure is AWESOME. I also liked Doug's Triumph explorer... It was hard to saty on the HD afterward.

Also found some stellar Asian cuisine.

Today I headed out wicked early to meet up with my Grand Parents in Lakeland. Another gorgeous ride through central Florida.... I really like riding down here.

A picture that's making it's rounds y grandmother shot as I headed towards the Rendezvous location.

I met up with GS rick at Citrus tower... It was an interesting relic of an attraction, matched the bike.

Met up with rick and he can tell you his side of the story. But he took me to the top of a mountain, some more windy roads and around a lake until abruptly turning around so not to get soaked by a passing rain storm.

Went and grabbed dinner, talked about our bike related ventures, departed ways but before i grabbed an awesome shot of his GSX1100G.

tomorrow I head south to Coral Springs to ready for my Key West ride.

Just 4 more days. I will be cutting my trip a day short for I will be breaking the drive home up in 2 days.

Stay tuned...

I also have a crap ton of video footage!
                Last edited by Jedz123; 03-11-2018, 10:55 PM.
                Jedz Moto
                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

????????????? If you didn't want to see the races, you could have gone down at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by B.C.G.S. View Post
                    ????????????? If you didn't want to see the races, you could have gone down at any time.
                    Ummmm... demo tents and rides, new bike releases, vendors, group rides, pictures, fellow pod casters convening, parties, LOTS OF BIKES, events, camping...
                    Yeah any time ... I think not. I got to see allot of cool stuff and great people that wouldn't be here if it wasn't for bike week.
                    Last edited by Jedz123; 03-11-2018, 11:44 PM.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Had as great time on the meet and ride with Justin. My bike was running kind of sucky the first half of the ride. It would idle, but the transition from idle to around 4-5k was rough to say the least. I had to keep the rpm range at 5k and about to have it smooth out. I changed the plugs and pulled the carbs last night hoping to solve the problem, but it didn't make any difference. I think I had water in the tank. We stopped for gas and I made the decision to run to my house and change bikes before heading to the coast. I think I was near fumes at the fuel stop and it got worse over the next few miles, but then out of nowhere it finally smoothed out about a mile from my house. I think I finally rode out the last of the water. It got so bad that Justin said he could see it backfiring and it felt like two cylinders were dropping. The bike is so much fun to ride, I decided not to change bikes and it ran great the rest of the 210 mile ride.

Oh yeah, we didn't really go to the top of a mountain, but it's as close as it gets in Florida. Sugarloaf Mountain is a whopping 312 ft above sea level.

GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

OK, so what is your podcast? s'il vous plait

Comment

If you click on Jedz Moto in his sig it takes you to his Youtube videos.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Yeah You can hear first hand my frustration about HD!!! podcast will come when i get back to VT and setup my studio in my shop. My to be Co-Host is in TN till April so the podcast bit of Jedz-Moto is on hold. My website is still under construction but my Youtube site is starting to pick up!

My Buddy from Amen-Moto grabbed this gem...

Pouring rain... Work never really ends so I'm working from the house waiting for the rain to subside. than I'm Key West bound!
                            Jedz Moto
                            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                            1988 Honda GL1500-6
                            2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                              Oh yeah, we didn't really go to the top of a mountain, but it's as close as it gets in Florida. Sugarloaf Mountain is a whopping 312 ft above sea level.
                              I was wondering about "mountain' in Florida.

Good reading both of you guys.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                                Whats the difference between a lawyer and a Carp??

Ones a bottom feeder and the other one is a fish.
                                Why do lawyers wear neckties? To hide the foreskin.
                                1983 GS 1100 Guided Laser
                                1983 GS 1100 G
                                2000 Suzuki Intruder 1500, "Piggy Sue"
                                2000 GSF 1200 Bandit (totaled in deer strike)
                                1986 Suzuki Cavalcade GV 1400 LX (SOLD)

I find working on my motorcycle mildly therapeutic when I'm not cursing.

Comment

Working...
                                X