Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traveling People Gathering 2023 - June 22-25 Metropolis !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traveling People Gathering 2023 - June 22-25 Metropolis !

We are going to have a SUPER time in Metropolis Illinois.

Metropolis is as far south as you can be in Illinois - Near Land Between the Lakes and not far from Missouri -

We have talked about maybe doing a group photo at the Superman statue.

We can also plan to meet for lunch at Lamberts in Missouri.

More sedate and scenic riding in the area of "Land between the Lakes"

We have a block of rooms at $80 plus tax a night for June 22-25.

There are a limited number of King rooms but mostly rooms with 2 queens.

Super 8 by Wyndham Metropolis
    2055 E 5th St, Metropolis, IL 62960
    (618) 309-4532

Ask for -
    TP Event block set up with Paul
    Make your reservations soon!​
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

You are in my back yard, less than an hour away. I think I can make some of this without needing a Motel room. :-)
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Hah, I know where that is, met a sweet gal working at a grocery store there. One of my favorite National Forest Campgrounds is at Lake Glendale about 30 miles or so north of there, been there several times including last fall.

If it where spring or autumn I'd consider showing up, the weather down that way is a bit too hot and muggy for my taste.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

So, I'm about 20 miles north of Metropolis and was going to just drop in to look at bikes. My GS won't be up and going yet, but I was looking at dropping in on the Harley just to chat and get GS advice. Is there any kind of meeting place or hang-out area folks will be at?

We are actually spending the week before at Tail of the Dragon riding our sportbikes, but we will be home Fri and I thought I'd run down to Metropolis on Sat.
        Last edited by C Kerley Jr; 06-07-2023, 10:47 AM.
        1978 GS750

Comment

Originally posted by C Kerley Jr View Post
          So, I'm about 20 miles north of Metropolis and was going to just drop in to look at bikes. My GS won't be up and going yet, but I was looking at dropping in on the Harley just to chat and get GS advice. Is there any kind of meeting place or hang-out area folks will be at?

We are actually spending the week before at Tail of the Dragon riding our sportbikes, but we will be home Fri and I thought I'd run down to Metropolis on Sat.
          We are typically at the hotel in the evenings chatting and enjoying a beverage or 3 - The ride is unscheduled except we are meeting at Lamberts at 1:00 pm on Saturday -

Hope to see you you can always text or call me at {Two-Six-Two 3 Six Six FIVE SIX nine nine to find me }
          Currently in the Stable :
          2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
          1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
          - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

Comment

Perfect, I will certainly try to drop in on Saturday evening then. If no one is around, I'll check back later.
            1978 GS750

Comment

I may have missed you all on Saturday. I rode my Interceptor down about 8pm, but I didn't see any Suzuki GS bikes, so I figured you all were out riding still. I did see several Goldwings, a BMW GS, and a Harley, but I assumed they were other riders. About half way home it occurred to me you all may not have ridden your old bikes there. Anyhow, if I did, I'll see you all in person next time and get back to working on this old GS!
              1978 GS750

Comment

Originally posted by C Kerley Jr View Post
                I may have missed you all on Saturday. I rode my Interceptor down about 8pm, but I didn't see any Suzuki GS bikes, so I figured you all were out riding still. I did see several Goldwings, a BMW GS, and a Harley, but I assumed they were other riders. About half way home it occurred to me you all may not have ridden your old bikes there. Anyhow, if I did, I'll see you all in person next time and get back to working on this old GS!
                The TP is not at all a GSR rally.
                Just that a few GSR members have attended in the past, and a GSR member is one the orgainiser this year.

I saw some pics on FB (I joined the TP grpup), mostly modern bikes, toureres, Wings and such.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Working...
                X