2022 New England Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rally Update

After 200+ attempts, I finally reached Lily Bay reservations - needless to say, in about 1 hour Mudbrook was already reserved - FOR THE ENTIRE SEASON!
    Chatting with the park ranger, he said it's simply the luck of the draw if you get through on the phone (and they only take reservations by phone).
    ALL of September was taken by just 3 reservations...

So..... I made reservations at Coolidge again in Lean-to's for our "Usual" weekend, Sep 8, 9, 10, and 11.
    Below is a site map with names.
    I made 4 day reservations at Spruce, Pine, Maple and Oak (Thursday night thru Sunday night).

For overflow on Friday and Saturday night, I've reserved Cherry and Lurch sites.
    As of today, Hemlock is also available for the weekend.

Coolidge State Park map by Scott Rummel, on Flickr
    Last edited by gs scott; 02-07-2022, 11:37 AM.
    Scott
    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
    sigpic

Comment

The cost for a lean-to is $30/night. With 2 people, it's $15 each/night.
      And now that we know when and where we're going - who's in?

Scott - 4 nights (Spruce)
      Rich - 4 nights (Spruce)

Skip - 4 nights (Pine)
      Dave - 4 nights (Pine)
      Andy B - 4 nights (Maple)
      Brenda - 4 nights (Maple)
      Justin - ~2 nights (Oak)

Lyle -

Pano -
      Keith -
      Edbot -
      Steve -
      Doug -
      Todd -

Always in our hearts - Andy and Jim
      Last edited by gs scott; 08-29-2022, 02:48 PM.
      Scott
      1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
      sigpic

Comment

Too bad about Moosehead.Brenda and I are in for 4 nites at Coolidge.
        1986 GS1150ES "JUNO QUICK”
        1984 GS1100GK
        1982 GS1100E “RANGER”
        1978 GS750E-"JUNO RIOT" on the road in 2013
        1980 GS550GL complete, original, 4900 miles

Comment

I am in for four nights.

Comment

Count me in for 4 nights and a lean-to
            Jedz Moto
            1980 Suzuki GS1000G
            1988 Honda GL1500-6
            2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
            2020 Honda Monkey Z125
            2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
            Originally posted by Hayabuser
            Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I hate to say it boys but I might miss this one. I got tickets to see the Sox in Baltimore that weekend. Girl I'm seeing bought the tickets and suprised me... I knew the dates would conflict but what can I do? Tell her to take another dude? Maybe I'll come up after work Thursday the 8th and hang for the night, we'll see.

I will plan on being at Jedz Stock though.
              Currently bikeless
              '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
              '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

So i'm ready for the Coolidge Rally, looks like i'm trailering up the GPZ1100 (need better lean angle handling as I almost dumped the Harley chasing all you fast guys ! ) I'll be at the park by mid day Thursday. I'll work on getting firewood delivered to the sites. I'll have some extra chairs for borrowing.
                Last edited by Road_Clam; 08-28-2022, 05:57 PM.
                '06 HD Fatboy
                '84 GPz1100

Comment

Well I might only be 1 night maybe 2 but I'll be taking the Dad Wagon with the Jedz family in tow (Zola likely included). No riding for me but we plan to visit and hang out. We have family plans on Sunday and will likely disembark Saturday night or early Sunday morning. I'll humbly request a whole lean-to for the 3 of us and I'll settle up with you Scott when we roll in!

Rich I still have your Yeti from last year!!! I'll do my best to remember.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                  2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                  Originally posted by Hayabuser
                  Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

I'll be there Thursday also. My cooler sucked so I'm only bringing a small foldable can cooler. If anybody has any room in there's for food I get, it will be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by skip View Post
                      I'll be there Thursday also. My cooler sucked so I'm only bringing a small foldable can cooler. If anybody has any room in there's for food I get, it will be appreciated
                      Skip, ill bring an extra cooler for you to use.
                      '06 HD Fatboy
                      '84 GPz1100

Comment

It looks like I'll be up Thursday, but leaving Friday morning for a family commitment, then back Friday afternoon/evening until Monday am.
                        Justin, plan on taking the Oak site (close to the bathrooms, and a bit away from the noise).
                        Andy & Brenda wanted the Maple site,
                        I guess Skip and I can take Pine,
                        and Rich can take Spruce for now.
                        That leaves Larch and Cherry for any overflow Friday and Saturday nights.
                        Looking forward to #19!!
                        Scott
                        sigpic

Comment

I am pretty sure Dave Barton is coming up with me too. See you on Thursday!

Comment

Just called central reservations, no more lean-to's for Thursday night, so I can buddy up with Rich, no problem.
                            So Skip, Dave, Andy, Brenda, Justin, Rich and I are all set for Thursday night. Plus 2 overflow lean-to's for Fri and Sat nights.

Scott - 4 nights (Spruce)
                            Rich - 4 nights (Spruce)

Skip - 4 nights (Pine)
                            Dave - 4 nights (Pine)
                            Andy B - 4 nights (Maple)
                            Brenda - 4 nights (Maple)
                            Justin - ~2 nights (Oak)
                            Last edited by gs scott; 08-29-2022, 02:48 PM.
                            Scott
                            sigpic

Comment

10 day forecast is still looking very good!!!
                              Mid to upper 70's for highs, mid 50's for lows.
                              The ONLY chance of rain is on Monday! See you Thursday!!!
                              Last edited by gs scott; 09-04-2022, 10:30 AM.
                              Scott
                              sigpic

Comment

It's a few days away and the weather looks great lows in the high forty's low fifty's and highs in the low to mid 70's. perfect for sleeping and riding!

Comment

Working...
                                X