Gs 300l and 550 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 300l and 550 questions

Hi all new to the forum and hopefully you all can help I recently picked up a couple gs's a 85 300l and a 79 GS 550 the 300 is in running order and the 550 as a project/parts bike my issue with the 300 is only one blinker is working it is running quite well for the $600 I payed for both and I'm not sure where to start on the 550 it has a few missing parts (carbs, bars, ignition, and I'm sure more things) and help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help
    Don't buy a 300 for normal riding you'll probably get bored

Hey, Welcome, someone will let you in shortly about the newbe mistakes, creating a signature & stuff like that, will be helpful for everyone. One blinker is working??? OOhh, that seems odd, usually one shouldn't work properly if other on same side isn't working properly. First to check bulbs, bad bulb, corroded connection etc. if bulb is not lit on either end, the other end should blink real fast or not at all. Next I would check is ground, each signal has a eye mounted to that signal's mounting bolt then plugged to the harness, be sure all grounds are good... Then get into checking where you have, or have no, current.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Yes only the left rear works. The blinkers one the right side of the bike are not doing anything even on the dash the blinker light doesn't flash. Have checked bulbs that all seem brand new like the someone else has tried to get it working. I'm wondering if a aftermarket setup would work out better in the long run. Will post pictures of the bike when I get home. Thanks again for the help. Off of the original topic how much slack should my chain have I feel like it is loose but seems to be working fine with no noise
      Last edited by New GS guy; 07-02-2022, 02:49 PM.

Comment

There is a forum for electrical issues, and a parts wanted forum.
        post there for better responses
        This forum is for a special bike project.
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Sorry new here I'll make sure it doesn't happen again

Comment

Originally posted by New GS guy View Post
            Sorry new here I'll make sure it doesn't happen again
            I think maybe people are on the default "Featured Forums" page and don't see anywhere else to post questions. I think there's a path to get stuck in it somehow but I'm so used to clicking through/around that I can't prove it just now...I don't know why there is a "Featured Forums" if it behaves in this way.All the forums should appear on the first look,IMO
            Last edited by Gorminrider; 07-13-2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X