4 into 1 exhaust options 1983 GS750ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 into 1 exhaust options 1983 GS750ES

Got it to idle real good enough and it's running good with pod filters and proper main jets. I have some noticeable hesitation at very small throttle openings. Looking for a 4 into 1 exhaust and they're not out there. Any suggestions? Resized_20221029_211631.jpg

Delkevic do them for that bike.
    https://delkevic.co.uk/complete-syst...X750E%20/1983/
    UK site, but they're sold in the States too, so whoever is importing them should be able to get you one.
    There's a few on here with Delko from US suppliers, I'm sure somebody will pop up with a name.
    One word of caution - they're not as quiet as stock, but nobody really expects them to be.
    ---- Dave
    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

If you aren't totally happy with the way it runs now.....wait till you put a 4-1 on it! Lol I have a nice Yosh on mine and bought a whole other bike just to get it..lol
      No signature

Comment

Give this guy a look...he's not far from you....he can make a very nice exhaust for you....great stuff
        No signature

Comment

My bike actually runs pretty good, with a new clutch, stator, rectifier, and tires. It is much better than when I bought it. And the hard starting issue has been corrected. I ordered a jet kit for it, an 83 GS750 and got a kit for this version also an '83 model. The main jets in the kit were too small. That Delkevic for an 80-83 GS750 I'm sure is for this model. Can anyone confirm the exhausts are the same fit?
          Other_83_SuzukiGS750.jpg

Comment

The '83 GS750ES has a manifold pipe connecting the middle two cylinders. When syncing the exhaust, the two center pipes much be set, at the same height, but half a ball, lower than cylinders 1 and 4, to compensate for the extra scavenging going on with the pipe connecting Forum and Blogs cylinders. I've seen people over look this have rumbly idles. A 4 into 1 would require that all carbs be at the same sync position.

Comment

Header pipes are available on ebay. Not cheap. Then fab up a muffler of some sort. Doable.
              Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

If you are good at fabrication, you could make a header using the stock exhaust pipes. Making the collector, and getting a slip on would be the fabrication point. You would definitely have to re-jet the bike. I knew a few people who put 4 into ones "back in the day" A friend had the same exact bike as mine, even the same color. He felt he lost some Midrange. I let him take my bike out. He promptly went home, put the stock jetting back in, and the stock exhaust back on. He said he definitely lost Midrange power, and those bikes have a lot of that. I don't know, I never road his with the 4 to 1 pipes. This guy is an experienced bike mechanic, I worked with for a few years.

I picked up a almost new set of stock pipes from Wisconsin Cycle Salvage for around $175. They were on EBAY, so I called the shop, and the guy agreed to sell them to me, he even paid the shipping. He told me he had stored those pipes for over 10 years to make about $20 dollars worth of profit. I thanked him profusely, but we both realized how many people want the stock set up. Not sure, but you see the parts separate on EBAY, and added up they aren't cheap. Not expensive, but now cheap.

Comment

I got Hindle 4 into 2 into 1 for 1150, better mid rang, and 20lbs lighter than the oems.

I got them from Ripple Rock Racers send them an email and see if have something that will work for you.
                  Ripple Rock Racers manufactures custom performance motorcycle exhausts and aluminum billet triples. More horsepower, less weight. For those that are serious about racing.
                  1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

I have the same bike. I purchased it new. Everyone I have ridden with pods and 4 into one wound up way quicker, but lost all the mid range that made riding these bikes around so easily. I found you had do down shift, and wind it up again. Some people scream around all over the place, and that's there style. You don't get more power, you just change the way and where it comes on.IMHO

Comment

4 into 1's are very different. One with a large collector will reduce the mid range while usually helping high RPM, a 4 into 1 with a smaller collector won't help the high RPM as much, but will retain more of the mid range. Early 80's V and H pipes came with, I'm thinking 3, restrictors that could be placed in the collector so you could regulate the performance you were looking for. Also adjustments in the cam timing can regulate the power to lower or higher RPM's. Just say'in you don't got to lose mid range just because you install a 4 into 1 pipe.
                      1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

The bikes don't come with adjustable Cam Timing. There's ton's you can do to actually make them strong every where, but it won' be the same bike you purchased, and a 4 into 1 exhaust alone isn't going to cut it. The market is so limited that he would have to fabricate something, and that alone opens the door wide, as to flow, fabrication skills, air flow, etc. The reduction in weight on that bike is a non issue. My ZZR1200 has catalytics that weighed almost 26 lbs. ea. Now that made a different when I made my own mufflers.

Comment

Addendum, I found raising the needles one notch really helped a lot. With 4 into 1 exhausts, there is still one needle position left to raise on the carb.

Comment

Working...
                          X