Uploading Photos a Chore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Photos a Chore

I've uploaded pics before but now I try and It says photo exceeds the 2 mB upload size limit. The pics are just pics I transfered from my android phone's camera to my laptop and they are in the 6Mb range. So I gotta make them smaller?! The previous ones uploaded with no special procedure so...? Shoot, how i does that?
    ~~o&o>
    ... from a free frame and wheels and box of parts to a rideable wreck is better than a slap in the belly with a dead salmon anyday eh

Best to use a photo hosting site like Imgur or Flickr or Imgbb. Copy the BBCode and paste it in your post. That way, photos show up nice and big, and viewers don’t have to click a link or tiny thumbnail to see the full image. That’s the gist. The nitty gritty is linked in my signature.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
      Best to use a photo hosting site like Imgur or Flickr or Imgbb. Copy the BBCode and paste it in your post. That way, photos show up nice and big, and viewers don’t have to click a link or tiny thumbnail to see the full image. That’s the gist. The nitty gritty is linked in my signature.
      Thanks for the tip eh
      ~~o&o>
      ... from a free frame and wheels and box of parts to a rideable wreck is better than a slap in the belly with a dead salmon anyday eh

Comment

Sure thing.

You don’t have to end everything with “eh”. I do that automatically in my head when I read any Canadian’s post.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
          It works thanks for the tip

Comment

Couple of questions. Can I upload the pictures from my Iphone to the imgur app and than use the laptop to upload them here, or do I have to use the full website in my browser on my cell phone? Is this the correct site? https://imgur.com/

Looks like a social media platform that I'm not sure I want to be posting my pictures on for all to see.
            In a World Full of Copycats Be an Original

Comment

Yes that is the site. On its face, it’s a site to view and share silly memes. But its a great free place to host your photos online for linking on this or other forums. Yes, the app makes it easy to upload photos from your phone to Imgur. The app can’t be used to get the BBCode. When you upload your photos with the app, the default (or maybe I set that as my default?) now is that they are hidden from public view and comment. If you press on the word Hidden, you get the choice of making it Public.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I use Flickr, (for my better stuff), and ImageShack for everyday stuff.
                But nothing wrong with Imgur, either.

My Flickr stream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/baatfam/
                And my ImageShack page: https://imageshack.com/user/Baatfam
                Flickr can also keep your photos private, if you are so inclined.
                Don't know about IS, but I suspect they do it too.

Of course once you put your photos up here, they are out for the world to see.
                Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I use photobucket....works for me
                  No signature

Comment

Flickr for me and if a tech numbskull like myself can use it, anybody can.
                    It is free...for now.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thank you Rich. That was very helpful, and thank you everybody else lol. I didn't know photobucket was still around. Only reason I'm thinking of going with imgur is because all the others limit the amount of photos you can upload before you have to pay. I can upload 500 photos rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        I use photobucket....works for me
                        But not for anyone else...Did we ever figure out why?
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          I use Flickr, (for my better stuff), and ImageShack for everyday stuff.
                          But nothing wrong with Imgur, either.

My Flickr stream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/baatfam/
                          And my ImageShack page: https://imageshack.com/user/Baatfam
                          Flickr can also keep your photos private, if you are so inclined.
                          Don't know about IS, but I suspect they do it too.

Of course once you put your photos up here, they are out for the world to see.
                          Those are some pretty sweet photo's Rich. I like I stated I wouldn't mind using flickr, just don't want to worry about how many photos I upload before I have to start paying for storage. I've never heard of Image Shack. I'll check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

But not for anyone else...Did we ever figure out why?
                            Not sure why....but I'm about as technically challenged as they come and it seems to work great for me.
                            No signature

Comment

Working...
                            X