Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki gs1000l 79 no spark

Hello,

Ive bought a suzuki gs1000l from 1979 2 weeks ago.
    it hasnt run for a few years.

After cleaning carbs and changing oil etc i came to the conclusion that it doesnt spark

I was looking for correct electric wiring diagram but cant figure out why it doesnt spark..
    any tips?

Thanks in advance

Welcome…but move this post to electrical section for more responses. Does this bike have contact points ?
    remove small round cover at lower right front of motor and investigate…..sometimes these ignitions get upgraded.
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

It where the contact points i found the issue thank you

Comment

I tried testing spark on my '78 GS1000 with all 4 spark plugs out of the head and in the boots, propped up to make contact with the valve cover or cylinder head... i could not get the damn thing to spark.. i had to screw one of the spark plugs from each coil in to the head before i saw spark. After that, i shoved the other 2 plugs in the head and gave it a whirl- after 16 years of sitting outside in some ones yard it roared to life and ran like a top! ( for having cleaned but not properly tuned carbs)
        Mine has the points still , and original coils.

Hope your bikes working great MasterT!

Comment

Working...
        X