Clutch cover reinstall problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch cover reinstall problem

New to forum with 81 gs850L. Been working on for several months after it sat for several years ( main things obviously carbs and brakes). Had running good for about 500 miles so thought I would work on cosmetics to make it look nice ( major clean up with lots of wd40 and #0000). The absolute last thing I wanted to do was clean up the nasty clutch cover ( 1500 sandpaper and LOTS of aluminum polish). I had no slippage issues at all and clutch operated perfectly so wanted to just take off cover, clean up, and put back on. So here is the issue, once put cover back on (with new gasket) and the actuator back on, the clutch lever has no pressure and won’t engage the clutch. It’s not the cable or the actuator as they try to spin that rod that stays on the cover ( don’t know name of it) but somehow not linking up with the rod that runs out through the middle of the clutch basket. Tried reinstalling several times with different locations of the splines but no luck. Can anybody give me an idea of how stupid I am?

Not a clue, I didn't think it could go on wrong. With cable disconnected at little arm on clutch cover, does the little arm just spin round and round or is it stuck or what???
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

It spins about maybe 1/8 a turn but not more either way.

Comment

idiot? The answer is yes I am. I adjusted the clutch cable and issue is gone. I saw the actuator and cable working fine and so originally just replaced as it was prior to cover removal. had it where I wanted it one didn't think taking cover off would affect it. It did but now fixed.

Comment

Working...
        X