Orange Bars Under Poster Avatar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orange Bars Under Poster Avatar?

Just wondering what the orange bars under a poster avatar represents. Is it recent activity? Points to next title level? Just curious
    1981 GS650G - Burnie is ugly but running!

It's a BS meter. Mine is full bars too.

Actually, this came up a while ago when the bars were added with the website overhaul. I don't know if we ever got a solid reason. If we did, I don't remember. Maybe dpep has the scoop?
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

it's called a "reputation bar".

The way it works is a matter of discussion on the vBulletin forums.

If i hover my mouse over yours, i see "has much to be proud of".
      If i hover my mouse over Rich's, i see "has a reputation beyond repute".

Every 100 points of reputation gives an orange bar up to ten bars. This is hard coded.

Users earn reputation through likes. The amount of reputation received by a specific like is determined by the Reputation Power of the user giving the like.

Users gain Reputation Power by creating posts, liking posts from other users, length of registration and several other factors. You can adjust Reputation Power under Settings -> Options -> User Reputation Options.

You can set levels of reputation (that affects the wording when the bars are moused over) under User Reputations -> User Reputation Manager.​
      If you are interested in more info or how admins could disable it, check these links for starters.

Hey Guys, So being new to VB so far as the default reputation system, I have a question. The reputation bar (as highlighted in the attachment) what determines when a section of said meter gets lit up ? I know you can edit the Reputation titles from AdminCP>Reputation Manager but this only controls Post counts VS Title

I think it's fairly well know by all VB5 users (and confirmed by support) that the reputation system does not work on VB5. When I say "does not work" I mean that in a few short weeks basically every users on the forum will have the highest reputation possible. Apparently its a known bug and not a high priority for the

Rijk

Top 10 Newbie Mistakes thread

CV Carb rebuild tutorial
      VM Carb rebuild tutorial
      Bikecliff's website
      The Stator Papers

"The thing about freedom - it's never free"

Comment

Thanks Rijk.

"I think it's fairly well know by all VB5 users (and confirmed by support) that the reputation system does not work on VB5. When I say "does not work" I mean that in a few short weeks basically every users on the forum will have the highest reputation possible. Apparently its a known bug and not a high priority for the...."

Sounds I was right the first time.
        Rich
        1982 GS 750TZ
        2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Good to know Rijk!

Thanks for the links to more information as well!

The threads were very informative, but I was wondering - is the reputation bar something that depletes over time or is it just completely cumulative?
          1981 GS650G - Burnie is ugly but running!

Comment

I honestly wouldn’t worry about the bars. I don’t believe anyone here really pays much attention to it, if at all. It’s a new thing that showed up after the site upgrade a couple years ago. Most people here were here before we had it. For the most part, if you’re a good egg, write intelligent, and /or interesting posts, give good advice when you know something about something, and behave yourself, people will remember those qualities and interact with you accordingly. There are members on the forum with full reputation bars from whom I would not take advice on how to build a sandwich, let alone build my bike. But those characters, thankfully, are few and far between.
            Rich
            1982 GS 750TZ
            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
            X