Viewing a thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewing a thread

Hi there. First post here, first time Suzuki owner - 82 GS1100G. (although I've been around plenty GS's through the years.)

I'm attempting to take in the mass of information from this forum but can anyone tell me if I need to change a setting somewhere so that I can read a thread from beginning to end ie. from page 1 through to the last page?

As it stands, if I want to read a thread such as http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=199361 I have to jump to the last page and read from the bottom up - and so on. Every thread seems to be like this and it's difficult to follow along "reading backwards" so to speak.

Is this normal or do I have a setting that needs to be tweeked?

Thanks for reading.

Click on the "User CP" tab on the left end of the blue bar.

Scroll down the left side to the Settings and Options section, click on "Edit Options".

Scroll down the right side to the Thread Display Options. In the Thread Display Mode area, change that to "Linear - Oldest First".

While you are there, go down to the very next item and change that to "Show 40 Posts per Page" to minimize your page-turning on longer posts.

Don't forget to go all the way to the bottom and click on "Save Changes".

While you are playing around in User CP, feel free to go to the "Your Profile" area at the top, click on "Edit your Details" and enter your general location.
    No, you don't need to post an address, but it's nice to see where you are located on this big blue marble we call "home".

It would also be nice to make a small signature that mentions your bike, so you don't have to remember to mention it every time you ask a question about it.
    Back in the "Settings and Options" area, click on "Edit Signature" and do your thing.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Brilliant. Thanks a million.

Comment

Working...
      X