• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There should be a "Do you live here?" designation

Comment

Now that's funny...

Comment

I think I was a 'senior member' in like my first hour of membership...
        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
          I think I was a 'senior member' in like my first hour of membership...
          Well it took a bit more than an hour for me it wasn't long either.From your count you'd fit in that designation toI just don't understand the lurker but to each their own

Comment

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post
            Well it took a bit more than an hour for me it wasn't long either.From your count you'd fit in that designation toI just don't understand the lurker but to each their own
            If I understand the term correctly I understand why some people lurk: lots to learn and little to say. I do it too sometimes.
            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              LOL I don't think it's bragging. I'm mean it only takes a $ 35 donation to be a supersite supporter. And like it's been said it encourages people to donate and is a gentle reminder when I should be doing it again. I think Steve, you are reading too much into it. I say do whatever it takes to get people to donate. I would hate to see it become mandatory. Bragging....now that's funny!��
              Just a quick note, a $25 donation gets you the Super Site Supporter status...

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                The 'supporter' and 'super supporter' show that you have contributed financially to the site.

The Bard Award is the name for the "Member of the Year" award. It has been named that in honor of one of the co-founders of the site, who died a few years ago.

"Superstar" status is something that was foisted on a few of us a few years ago, mostly without our knowledge or consent.
                I have asked several times to have it removed from my account, obviously unsuccessfully.

"Junior Member" is for those with a post count of 25 or less, I think.

"Member" is for those with a post count of 26 to 100.

"Senior Member" is for those with a post count of over 100.

I guess that I should put this in the FAQ, eh?

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by philosopheriam View Post
                  Like the title states, I donated to the forum and was wondering when the "site supporter" designation will be added to my username...

This forum has helped me immensely with the restoration of my 1978 GS1000E - I am proud to support it and want to encourage other members to do the same.

Thanks!
                  I make the updates once a month and sometimes more often depends on how busy things are for me. I will be doing that today sometime...

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    Just a quick note, a $25 donation gets you the Super Site Supporter status...

Frank
                    I always make it $35 in case you don't take Canadian $$ at par. Must be a habit.
                    No signature

Comment

I always make it $35 in case you don't take Canadian $$ at par. Must be a habit.
                      I remember when the Canadian dollar was a joke. Now it's worth 89 cents - getting close.

No offense intended; I love our northern neighbors.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                        I remember when the Canadian dollar was a joke. Now it's worth 89 cents - getting close.

No offense intended; I love our northern neighbors.
                        Lol...18 months ago it was worth more than yours.
                        No signature

Comment

Lol...18 months ago it was worth more than yours.
                          You know, I recall that, but I thought it was just a hallucination (I used to use the dreaded LSD-25).
                          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
                          X