logging on it wont remember me ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

logging on it wont remember me ??

I did a recent cleaning of my computer and now each time I click on a link to go to the forum it asks me to log on each time. In the past it just recognized me. I have clicked "remember me" each time but it only remembers my password.
    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
    80 gs1000s

Sounds like you may have disabled cookies which is how your browser and the site knows it is you trying to log in. What browser are you using ?
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
      Sounds like you may have disabled cookies which is how your browser and the site knows it is you trying to log in. What browser are you using ?
      internet explorer. when I clicked on the link to this it opened and let me read everything...then when I wanted to post a reply it made me log on again.
      82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
      80 gs1000s

Comment

I use Firefox but I got the below in quotes off google. You can use it to check to see what your cookies settings are and change it if you like....
        Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Internet Explorer. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options. Click the Privacy tab, and then, under Settings, move the slider to the top to block all cookies or to the bottom to allow all cookies, and then click OK.
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

i added the site as safe and it still doesn't log on without typing in my name.. oh well
          82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
          80 gs1000s

Comment

still no luck.. anyone in admin have any idea?
            82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
            80 gs1000s

Comment

I am having a similar issue with Firefox since the site was updated. No changes have been made to Firefox settings, but when I return to the site I am not logged in automatically.

After entering username and password and checking the box to remain logged in. the following error message is received:

Invalid Redirect URL (http://thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php)
              Blog of my motorcycle projects - http://twowheeljunkie.wordpress.com/
              1981 Suzuki GS650L - Project Bike - Sold
              2013 Suzuki SFV650 - Sold
              2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Touring

Comment

I wish I could help but I am still having the same issue also. I guess whomever administers this site, does not read comments in this section. If I stay logged on and reopen the site in another window, it will recognize me, but no luck if I log out of my browser.

Originally posted by DaveP View Post
                I am having a similar issue with Firefox since the site was updated. No changes have been made to Firefox settings, but when I return to the site I am not logged in automatically.

After entering username and password and checking the box to remain logged in. the following error message is received:

Invalid Redirect URL (http://thegsresources.com/_forum/index.php)
                82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                80 gs1000s

Comment

Check the Cookies section of your browser as it is possible it is set to delete once you close the browser.
                  sigpic
                  Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                  1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                  2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                  Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                  and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                    Check the Cookies section of your browser as it is possible it is set to delete once you close the browser.
                    Thank you. Yes I had it set for delete cookies on exit...but.... I think I have always had it set that way. An example is that my craigslist account still opens and knows who I am as I log on.

I don't mind having cookies from this site but really don't want to accumulate them from any other sites.
                    82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
                    80 gs1000s

Comment

Firefox is set to remember history and cookies are shown for GS Resources.

The forum did behave better during the current session if I logged out and back in again. Logging out would clear the cookies. Logging in would then properly go to the main forum page

Closing Firefox and coming back to the site would still have the issue that it does not remember me. Never had a problem until recently and it happens on two different computers. Home PC and office laptop. Both running Windows 7 Professional and Enterprise respectively.

Internet Explorer has the same login issue.

Also have the Firefox issue the the site menu is offset a page to the right rather than below the GS Resources logo as it is in IE.
                      Last edited by DaveP; 02-16-2015, 05:03 PM.
                      Blog of my motorcycle projects - http://twowheeljunkie.wordpress.com/
                      1981 Suzuki GS650L - Project Bike - Sold
                      2013 Suzuki SFV650 - Sold
                      2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Touring

Comment

I always log out of the website and computer every time I'm done but that's the business side of me too so I never think about the problem. However, that is typically one reason for it.
                        sigpic
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Working...
                        X