Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that photobucket officially flew over the coo coos nest..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All morning I have beeen trying to get Flickr to work. No go, neeed a nap already.

Comment

Originally posted by Runeight View Post
      All morning I have beeen trying to get Flickr to work. No go, neeed a nap already.
      From a previous post.

"I've got to head out shortly but for now to embed the bulletin board code (BBCode) you open the photo full screen and on the bottom left corner you'll see 5 icons, you want the middle one, sort of a right arrow, then select the BBCode tab. It will give you a pull down menu so you can select the size you want to post. Just paste that into your post and you're good to go. For doing your albums and general sorting you want to be in the "Organize" section. If you haven't found it it's accessed from the top menu and if you hover over "You" it will be at the bottom of the drop down menu. All the stuff you want do regarding adding, deleting and working with your albums is done there. Hope that gets you going, flickr is not as intuitive as PB but I think it is actually a better site once you find your way around. There are lots of different photography groups within flickr that you can join depending on specific interests you have. A couple I've joined are Beautiful British Columbia and Outdoor Photography Canada. Once you grasp it a bit there should be some good online tutorials out there to help you along. Good Luck with it. PM if you need more help, I've only used a few of the many features but I'm pretty good at poking around to find stuff."
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Been using flickr for a while. Stinks that the app doesnt support image hosting, but using the web browser i can still do it from my phone
        I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
          Been using flickr for a while. Stinks that the app doesnt support image hosting, but using the web browser i can still do it from my phone
          Wait, what? I didn't think flikr would work from a phone.

Gotta try again now...
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Anyone else get the email from Photobucket this week? They are still not getting it, or perhaps they are betting that people will find $9.99/mo a bargain for third party hosting
            '83 GS650G
            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

I'm still paying $2.99 a month and nothing has changed for me....still able to share photos
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by BigD_83 View Post
                Anyone else get the email from Photobucket this week? They are still not getting it, or perhaps they are betting that people will find $9.99/mo a bargain for third party hosting
                I got it, but jeez man, its like the millions they were making off all the adds wasn't enough. Smh, theyll probably go back to free or near free for 3rd party as a last resort when they start to go under; which they will, id be fine with a couple dollars a month. But nothing more.
                I build Pipers

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  I'm still paying $2.99 a month and nothing has changed for me....still able to share photos
                  How far back did you buy - in at that price?
                  '83 GS650G

Comment

I use Picturetrail, no problems ever, so far, in several years. Once a year they get me for 20 bucks.

Comment

How far back did you buy - in at that price?
                      Probably 3 years ago i guess
                      No signature

Comment

I'm still on their free plan and able to share, but one of these days that bliss is going to disappear.

Picturetrail is a new one to me...will have to check it out
                        '83 GS650G

Comment

The user interface is a little cumbersome, but here is a test post out of Picture Trail (sorry it is not motorcycle related);

'83 GS650G

Comment

That looks like nothing I've ever seen. I put pics on my computer, and the ones I want to I just upload to Picturetrail. Then when I want to post them somewhere I just click on "get URLs" and copy, then paste to the forums or wherever.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                              That looks like nothing I've ever seen. I put pics on my computer, and the ones I want to I just upload to Picturetrail. Then when I want to post them somewhere I just click on "get URLs" and copy, then paste to the forums or wherever.
                              Sorry for the misdirection. It is just an example of an image I uploaded using Picturetrail, not an image of the Picturtrail interface.

The hosting works for sure, but the interface is pretty much 1st generation.
                              '83 GS650G

Comment

Sorry for the misdirection. It is just an example of an image I uploaded using Picturetrail, not an image of the Picturtrail interface.

The hosting works for sure, but the interface is pretty much 1st generation.
                                Have you tried Fickr ? There is a bit of a learning curve but its a nice interface once you've got it. I don't know what the advertising is like because with Adblock Plus I don't see any at all......
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X