Today is the worst day in my life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbw View Post
    Great advice Patti! Should also apply to kids I try to forgive mine even when he won't forgive me. Mine is still young, so hopefully we have years and years of forgiving each other ahead of us.

the hardest thing about growing up is forgiving parents for being human beings. Its a far too high standard children bring from childhood into their teens twenties and thrities even to the hardcore folks who never make the realization

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
      the hardest thing about growing up is forgiving parents for being human beings. Its a far too high standard children bring from childhood into their teens twenties and thrities even to the hardcore folks who never make the realization
      You are so right. I had great parents (still have one of them), but there was still stuff I hung onto for a long time. My wife had a harder time growing up than me (most people did), but she made such a strong effort in her late 20s/early 30s to try to understand them and why they did things they did. She did a good job (so did they).
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

I thought my parents were the greatest parents ever!
        Dad bought me a street bike when I was 15....Dad's don't come better than that!
        pmint

Comment

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
          pmint
          i dont think they do!
          Originally posted by tkent02
          That's not a tree, that's a shrubbery. Now get to work on that old dirt bike
          John 3:16

Comment

Josh I don't know you, but I feel for your loss. My family will keep you in our prayers.

Comment

As Well I don't know you but have added you and your family to our prayers, My condolences.

Life is too short to hold grudges & not forgive everyone for everything, including YOURSELF.

I lost my father July 4th 2003, lost my Wife 11-11-2008, Just lost Her Aunt Becky after being very sick for years.
              My list of losses include 16 close family members over the last 12 yrs.

My Wife Chantel and I had been arguing for some time but we working things out and trying to move on.
              She stayed up and I went to bed tired from the days workload.
              I woke up to find her in the early am, she had a massive heart attack nothing could be done to save her.

I am heading to Edmond Oklahoma in the morning to bury Chantel's Aunt Becky, she just passed.
              They both used to joke about the other one couldn't die before the other one.
              Aunt Becky survived Chantel by 2 yrs and 11 days.

I know loss, and understand everyone goes through it differently.
              God Bless you and yours in this time of loss.

Ron

Comment

Busafied,
                How nice to see YOUR familiar name.! You OK? My heart goes out to you, as do many others.

Josh, you still listening? Please let us know how you are.
                pmint

Comment

Busafied,
                  How nice to see YOUR familiar name.! You OK? My heart goes out to you, as do many others.

Josh, you still listening? Please let us know how you are.
                  pmint
                  \

Doing OK Patti just been off work due to work related Injury that's another story for another time.

Thanks for asking-
                  GB You

Ron

Comment

Hey, Ron! Glad to see you still floating around! Sorry to hear about the injury, and your most recent family loss! I hope all is improving, otherwise.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Busafied View Post
                      \

Doing OK Patti just been off work due to work related Injury that's another story for another time.

Thanks for asking-
                      GB You

Ron

...Yeah I know all about work-related injuries! Ha, ha, ha... I still haven't settled with SCF, the State's insurance carriers...Of course the lawyers are making $$$. It's sad. 6 yrs., and they're treating me worse... They owe me so much money in back pay for unemployment compensation for that work-related injury.

What was your work-injury about ?

And what happened to Josh?
                      pmint

Comment

And what happened to Josh?
                        pmint
                        Josh has been posting regularly in the "Roo Rally" thread ... He and Rose have been showing our "Down Under" friends a good part of the country the last week or so, and he's commented on how the diversion has been helpful to him. I imagine he'll check back in here when things calm down in the next few days or so, Patti. No worries - he seems to be doing ok, from what I've read.

Regards,

Comment

pmint
                          Mine bought me a new bike when I was only 13!
                          A brand spanky new '70 Yamaha 90 Enduro! Na-na-na-na-na!
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I have not been on the forum much lately, but please receive our condolences. Reading the posts made me sit up and think.

Jesus gives us peace in our darkest hours.

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                              Mine bought me a new bike when I was only 13!
                              A brand spanky new '70 Yamaha 90 Enduro! Na-na-na-na-na!

Yeah, But I bet you didn't look as cute as I did in long pigtales !

I'm glad Josh is busy. Thanks everyone.
                              pmint

Comment

Originally posted by Matchless View Post
                                I have not been on the forum much lately, but please receive our condolences. Reading the posts made me sit up and think.

Jesus gives us peace in our darkest hours.

R I G H T....... O N !!!!!!!....
                                pmint

Comment

Working...
                                X