Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom,
    I truely feel awful abou this....more prayers sent...continueously (sp).
    How are you feeling now.

Some people think smoking is good for chemo.
    pmint

Comment

Hope you're doing well, Tom, and that the chemo isn't making you too sick!

Comment

Hope you're doing OK Tom. We're all behind you bud.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I just spoke with Tom.
          He will know better how things look after a Doctor visit next week.
          Send those prayers and cross your fingers for him please.

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
            I just spoke with Tom.
            He will know better how things look after a Doctor visit next week.
            Send those prayers and cross your fingers for him please.

Daniel
            Thanks for the info Daniel.
            And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
            Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

A very gracious thank you to everyone that continue to pray and wish me well. And a humble apology for being AWOL for so long. Unfortunately, my focus has not been directed at motorcycles, or my friends here on the GSR. I think you will understand.

I can give a brief update on my current health challenges. My recent issue is with my gall bladder. Since Christmas I have been in the hospital twice. Once for 3 days, and again for 8. Gall stones have been blocking the drainage duct, and my gall bladder became seriously inflamed, and infected.

On the first hospital stay, a stent was installed to open the bile duct. And then on the second stay, a drainage tube was inserted into my gall bladder to allow drainage to a sack I carry on my hip.

Yes, I have a tube sticking out of my belly. Anyone want to see pics?

There's not really much more to say, except I'm hoping that the doctor's will try to remove the gall stones soon. I'm currently on temporary disability, and would like to get back to work. I have been warned though...there is a likely posibility...that I will have this drainage tube for the rest of my life. We have to wait and see what the doctor's think after my next CT scan.

In the mean time, keep those prayer and well wishes coming. I could use all the help I can get.

Bless you all.

Tom

Comment

Tom,

Let me know if you need me to come up with a skunk mounted "catch" can for you!

In all seriousness I'm glad you're on your feet and up to posting here. Keep going mate!

Dan
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Tom,

We don't know each other but I've had experiences that help me understand.
                  I'm sending you my very best wishes for a complete recovery but beyond that, I'm sending my best wishes for continued strength of will and internal peace.

Peace and health to you!

Comment

Thanks for the update Tom.
                    Don't know what else to say except to keep fighting.
                    As always, prayers and best wishes sent to you and your family.

Comment

Sorry to hear of this latest challenge. Man you are getting more than your fair share.

I wonder though why they just don't remove it? I suffered all ( well maybe not all) the agonies of hell with mine for a good 10 years before they finally decided to remove it. I don't miss it in the slightest and all the associated pain, discomfort and malaise.

Hopefully they will get you sorted sooner than later and I will keep good thoughts for that.

Keep your chin up !

Cheers,
                      Spyug

Comment

Originally posted by spyug View Post
                        Sorry to hear of this latest challenge. Man you are getting more than your fair share.

I wonder though why they just don't remove it? I suffered all ( well maybe not all) the agonies of hell with mine for a good 10 years before they finally decided to remove it. I don't miss it in the slightest and all the associated pain, discomfort and malaise.

Hopefully they will get you sorted sooner than later and I will keep good thoughts for that.

Keep your chin up !

Cheers,
                        Spyug
                        Spyug, thanks for asking. And thanks for the props!

In usual circumstances they would have already removed my gall bladder. I didn't know it, but like the appendix, it's an non-essential organ. Nearly 500,000 patients a year have their gall bladder removed.

In my case there is a challenge with the proximity to the tumor on my pancreas. There is a risk of disturbing cancer cells, which might spread to other organs. Doctor's feel the risk of advancing the cancer is high.

Even the posibility of removing the gall stones is risky. There is still some debate about this. Doctors want to see another CT scan before making a decision.

Comment

Tom,

Sorry to hear about your set back

As a 25 year sufferer of gall bladder problems and stones, eat more beets!!!

You'll be surprised how much that can do for you. a couple ounces a day is all you should need
                          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
                          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
                          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
                          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
                          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
                          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
                          2007 DRz 400S
                          1999 ATK 490ES
                          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Tom it's been a while...How are you doing?

Charlie G
                            sigpic
                            83 GS1100g
                            2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

he is still wearing an external tube.
                              He keeps a bag handy to attach to it though.
                              He said that they still are not sure if they can operate.
                              He is going in for an MRI this week IIRC.
                              After results, he will know better.

Eric

Comment

Five years ago next month I went through the same thing as Tom. It was the most excruciating thing I have ever experienced and I almost died just from the shock caused by the pain. I lost 85 pounds in a few short months - down to about 125...

Hang in there, Tom. My prayers are with you and I sincerely hope you will make a full recovery, as I have. I thought my riding days were over but they weren't.

Comment

Working...
                                X