X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The latest:

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:26 PM
    Subject: Saw Tom today

I just came from visiting Tom and Nami. He has lost a LOT of weight and his face is very gaunt-looking. However, because he's retaining a lot of fluid, his tummy, arms, and legs are very swollen. He's barely eating. He's also very drowsy from his various medications. He said he's fallen asleep while just walking down the hall. They're still waiting for the VA to call to schedule his endoscopy. Nami is scaling back her work hours a lot.

Now is definitely the time for you to call, visit, and/or send him letters. I forgot to ask him if he's checking his e-mail.

His address is: 1440 Strauss Way, San Jose 95132 (off 680, close to Milpitas)

His phone numbers (all 408) are:
    420-9688 cell
    310-9815 cell
    259-6221 home
    He almost always screens his calls, so be sure to say something if you get his voicemail.

Comment

The lastest sounds terrible, hope and pray things aren't as bad as they seem.
      sigpic
      Steve
      "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I saw him a few days ago and I'm afraid it is

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post
          I saw him a few days ago and I'm afraid it is
          Well, I for one will surely be praying for a miracle then.
          sigpic
          Steve

Comment

I spoke with Tom briefly last night. He sounds like he's still fighting the good fight, and was making dinner when I called, so I'll take that as a good sign, too!

Keep on keep'n on, Pal! Lots of positive energy being sent your way!!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by Planecrazy View Post
              I spoke with Tom briefly last night. He sounds like he's still fighting the good fight, and was making dinner when I called, so I'll take that as a good sign, too!

Keep on keep'n on, Pal! Lots of positive energy being sent your way!!

Regards,
              That is great, thanks for that and letting us know!

Comment

Damn, I just got a call he is in the VA Hospital emergency room and "fading fast", is how his wife put it to our friend Lynda. I am trying to get over there now.

VA Palo Alto Health Care System
                3801 Miranda Avenue
                Palo Alto, CA 94304
                650-493-5000

Comment

Originally posted by littleroot View Post
                  Damn, I just got a call he is in the VA Hospital emergency room and "fading fast", is how his wife put it to our friend Lynda. I am trying to get over there now.

VA Palo Alto Health Care System
                  3801 Miranda Avenue
                  Palo Alto, CA 94304
                  650-493-5000
                  So sorry to hear this! Hope you get there for him!

Comment

Reposted from Lynda minutes ago...

This is a repost from Lynda shortly ago...

"Tom is in the ER at the VA and is close to dying. If you want to say good-bye and can visit him, this will be your last chance. He'll be admitted but they don't know how long it'll take to get him a bed. Nami has a friend with her. I'm going up there as soon as I can.

Link to VA: Here's the link:
                    http://www.paloalto.va.gov/ "

When I spoke to Tom last night on the phone, he sounded weak, but upbeat ... I don't know if he was trying to put on a "brave face" for me or not, but in light of the latest information I do want to share some of what he told me in the short few minutes we talked.

Tom reiterated how much he has appreciated all the support he's gotten from us all. In particular, he mentioned how great a friend Bruce has been (I had mentioned how wonderful it was that Bruce was able to help raffle off his bike and raise so much more in funds than a simple sale would have raised), as well as all the others who have been close at hand when he needed them. He also mentioned how powerfully he's felt the prayers and positive energy that's been sent his way throughout his battle.

If this is your time, my friend, I hope your passage is peaceful and painless, and I'm sorry I never had the opportunity to meet you in person. You, Tom, are a class act, and I'm honored to have been counted among your friends!

Peace, Brother!!

Comment

I posted this on Tom's Friends Facebook page:

I am heartbroken. I have been praying diligently every day for Tom but it seems to be God's will to call him home sooner than most. I don't like it. But who am I to argue with God? Tom, you are an inspiration to many. You have lived life bravely and well. If it is time to rest with our Savior then all I can say is, "See you later". This physical existence is not our real home. We are just passing through. The eternal life we began here on earth will continue forever in God's perfect paradise.

Tom, I am so glad to know you. We went on only a few rides together but I will always remember them. I'll never forget when we first met. A bunch of us pulled up at Bruce's for the rally, you came out of the garage and yelled, "Where's Cliff?!?!" You came up to me, shook my hand, gave me a hug, and told me how much you appreciated my efforts for the GSR. Well, sir, I appreciate all YOUR efforts, not only among the GSR family but in life as well. You have touched me deeply and I am a better person for knowing you.

God bless you, your family, and your friends. May you all find peace, understanding, and strength in this time. Tom, I send my love to you and your family.

Comment

Sadly, I was expecting more bad news from reading last nights posts,
                        I thought about Tom alot last night, and today.
                        I've come to realize that this thread goes back almost as far as I do as a member here, and I remember seeing them through my frequent visits.
                        Tom is and has been a fighter, and he's still fighting.
                        It's hard to realize any sense of anything except emptiness posting on this site when you have a member in Tom's condition and not anything that you can do about it.

At this point though I hope only what's best for Tom.
                        sigpic
                        Steve

Comment

I went to Catholic school for 12 yrs.
                          I was taught that saying an 'Act of Contrition' for someone, opens the Gates of Heaven for them... immediately!
                          ...It can also remove mortal sins from the soul... even your own...
                          (Yeah, I pray a lot...........PROOF: I'm still here...)

For those of you who might have forgotten, it goes like this;

A C T
                          O F
                          C O N T R I T I O N

Oh My God, I am heartly sorry, for having offended Thee.
                          And I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell.
                          But, most of all, because I offend Thee, My God, Who art all Good and deserving of all my Love.
                          I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy Grace, to confess my sins, to do my penance,
                          And to ammend my Life.
                          Amen

I don't dnow what to say, except, "God, can we have another miracle? Please..."
                          Last edited by Guest; 01-16-2013, 06:02 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

So sorry for Tom during his battle. Will continue to pray for him. Sorry, at a loss for words...
                            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Very sad news indeed. I hope all the best to Tom and his family.

SUCKS!
                              sigpic

82 GS850
                              78 GS1000
                              04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                              .................________-|___\____
                              ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

I've only met Tom a few times, this past summer was the latest when he, Paul and I went to see Mark in the hospital together. Tom is one of the good guys, one of the best. It's not fair that bad things happen to such good people.

Whatever the future brings I'm proud to have known you Tom.

If this is the time that none of us can avoid, I wish you God speed my friend. God willing, our paths will cross again.

I feel broken
                                It's smoke that make electronic components work.
                                Every time I've let the smoke out by mistake, they never work again.
                                '80 GS250T... long gone... And back!
                                '86 Honda Bol D'Or... very sadly long gone
                                '82 GS1000SZ
                                '82 GS1100GL
                                '01 Honda CBR1100XX BlackBird

Comment

Working...
                                X