No announcement yet.

Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom stated in an earlier post that he had made peace with his situation. Peace to you and God Bless Tom.
    sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
    2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

I just talked to him and he said he still has a future and is fighting.
      He is staying hydrated, nourished and his body is still fighting.
      Bruce is going to see him tomorrow and I'm out in the middle of the damn ocean and can't get there until next weekend.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
        Bruce is going to see him tomorrow and I'm out in the middle of the damn ocean and can't get there until next weekend.
        Thanks for the update.
        sigpic
        Steve
        "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
          Good news, Pal ... thanks for the update! More positive energy sent your way, Tom!!

Regards,

Comment

I just talked to Tom. He wanted everyone to know that his battle is NOT over! He will continue to fight and beat this! If anyone can, it will be Tom. He's the nicest guy you could ever meet, but he's also tough as nails, stubborn as hell and a fighter!

The stint he has in his gall bladder is being pushed on by the tumor. They will be giving him an ultrasound and figure out what they need to do. Once that is fixed, he can better continue his fight with the tumor. He's beaten it down before, and he will again.

I'll be heading down to see him tomorrow. Not to say goodbye, but just to be there for him and Nami, and maybe put a torch under some doctor's ass if needed.

On behalf of Tom and his family, thank you all so much for the prayers and positiveness. He feels every bit of it, and I know it has helped him to carry on and keep fighting.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I'm all for putting a torch under the doctor's ass...seriously.
              ...Sometimes they really need it.

Please tell Tom I love him and want to meet him.
              Prayers never stop.
              pmint

Comment

Well I'm glad he's still fighting! I wouldn't have expected any less!

Here's an old picture I have of Tom (that relates to his "keep Fit" aerobic classes). As always he took it in good humor....

Tom - if you read this I hope it reminds you of better times. It did me!

I have been trying to get up there for some time but it's really looking like I might make it towards the end of this month....
                1980 GS1000G - Sold
                1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

This was posted by Lynda an hour ago:

"Tom is at the VA, Palo Alto, Ward 4C, Room 109. Phone no. to the hospital is 1-650-493-5000. To bypass the rather long message when they answer the phone, just punch in 0 (zero).

To all of you who have left me voice messages and/or texts, I apologize for my late replies, and I apologize for this late post now. I have a dinosaur phone with no internet access and no hands-free device in my car.

Tom spent all day in the ER and was seen by many doctors and other staff. Fortunately, the ER staff was very lenient and let many people in to see Tom, as many as 4 or more at a time, even though we weren't family. About 4:30 pm he was finally settled into the room listed above. I'm sure they'll be very lenient with visitors there, too.

It's heartbraking that he took such a dramatic and sudden turn for the worst in just the last few days. While they still have done some tests, like an ultrasound, the outlook is bleak and they are about to put him on hospice care. The details of that are still being worked out. Of course, he and Nami are aware of this as it's their decision regarding whether he will remain an inpatient at the VA's Hospice Unit or whether he will go home with hospice care. He's still eating/drinking a little and has very little pain. They are giving him pain medicine to keep him comfortable, so he's very groggy and somewhat confused at times.

Several of us were there today, and we were able to talk to one of the oncology staff members, who said that the cancer has spread all over. His guess is that Tom will last perhaps another couple of days or so. Of course, that's just a guess. You know what a fighter Tom is.

Michelle is driving up from San Diego, and Tom's parents are driving from Phoenix. Nami has had a good friend with her all day. Bob, Carolyn, & Jerry have helped to spell Nami so she could go out and take care of herself and Muiya, their dog.
                  As I said, many people visited him today and many more of you plan to visit in the next couple of days. If any of you can stay with Tom so Nami can go home and walk Muiya, please let her know that. I know that Veronica plans to do that tomorrow.
                  Thank you all for your help, messages, and prayers."

Comment

Latest update from Lynda:

"Just got a VM from Nami. Daughter Michelle and Tom's parents and brother are now here. Tom's in a section of the hospital called "short stay." They're making arrangements for him to be transferred to the inpatient Hospice Unit, which is on the same floor as where he's at now. The doctors are still talking about doing some tests to find out where the blockage is to see if there's something else they can do. They're waiting for the doctors to visit this morning.

Feel free to visit at any time. I don't know what visiting hours are, but I doubt that they're strict about that. Someone expressed concern about bothering Nami. Both she and Tom welcome visitors. In fact, if you're there, Nami can step out and get a break, so that will help her a lot. Just walk to the room, poke your head in the door, and I'm sure you'll be welcomed in.

Again, Unit 4C, room 109, Palo Alto VA. "

I'm going to be off the net a lot in the next few days, but will try to post her updates as I see them. If somebody else sees them first, please post them so that we all have the latest info... thanks!

Comment

From Lynda:

Just talked to Nami. They are making arrangements to transfer Tom to the inpatient Hospice Unit, which is Unit 4A (Tom's now in 4C). They don't know the room number. One of the oncology doctors came by and advised against any further procedures. He says anything else would be too painful and rough on Tom's weakened body and that if Tom were his family member, he would say no. The family agrees. Soon Tom will probably lapse into a coma, and they will keep him well-medicated and comfortable. This means if you want to see him while he's still conscious and can talk/hear, you must go now. I don't know how long before the coma comes.

Of course, we all handle these situations in our own ways. Please do not feel pressured to visit. Just do what is most comfortable for you. And I know that many of you live far away--even as far as the East Coast--and are visiting Tom in spirit if not physically being here.

The whole family is at the hospital now. Nami says don't worry about intruding--they welcome visitors. More is better.

They now have 3 dogs to take care of! In addition to Muiya, Michelle brought her dog and the Murphy's brought theirs. Michelle and Nami will take turns going home to walk them.

I'm on my way now from Reno.
                      85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
                      79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

Hi,

I just spoke to Tom for a minute. He seemed well-medicated but remembered me. I told him I was glad to be his friend and he is an inspiration to a lot of people. I gave him my love and assured him that we will see each other again some day. He said, "You got it, buddy!"

Prayers for peace, strength, understanding, and hope go out to Tom and his family.

Cliff

Comment

He told me earlier that he is doing his best & he is really hoping for lots of visitors... Bit confused by the meds I think but he knew what was going on & who I was etc.
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

I wonder if there are GS's on the other side? If so there's bound to be a pristine 'S' waiting there for you Tom. So it seems that life's plans are changing once again, but it sounds like this transition will go well for you Tom, it has no other choice when you are surrounded by such love and hope. While I think of you on your journey I will also be thinking of your wife and all of your family and sending them my support. It's plain to see you have touched the hearts of many in this world my fellow biker, and will go on doing so for a long time to come I'm sure and although I did not know you well Tom I know your kind and I can only say thank you for being who you are, people like you make this world a better place. So on that note, travel well with the sun at your back and the sound of road under your tires..till we meet again.....
                            Rob
                            1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                            Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the updates. Tom is in good hands.
                              If he has to go, he's going out knowing the love and respect surrounding him.
                              I feel ashamed I didn't call him. I couldn't talk anyway. I'm glad I got to ride with him once. He's in my heart.
                              And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                              Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE View Post
                                Thanks to everyone for the updates. Tom is in good hands.
                                If he has to go, he's going out knowing the love and respect surrounding him.
                                I feel ashamed I didn't call him. I couldn't talk anyway. I'm glad I got to ride with him once. He's in my heart.

Keith, you have captured my thoughts as well. Tom's been on my mind a lot lately but I struggle to find appropriate words.

If a man's value as a human being relates to the amount of respect and caring others have for him, then Tom is a wealthy man. Safe passage my friend.
                                Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Working...
                                X