No announcement yet.

Please give your support and prayers to Tom MLC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend's brother-in-law died a few days ago from cancer he was 47 and faded really quickly.

It is fortunate that Tom has been granted a longer time than most are for dealing with the one thing we cannot escape.

I know that palliative care is excellent and that there is a great mercy shown in those places that deal with death as a natural part of living.

A couple of days ago I sent SaltyMonk a url to a meal replacement vendor hoping it could help nourish Tom back to health. My Grandfather bounced back from the precipice three times in his battle with cancer and maybe Tom can do it once again too.

Regardless I wish you peace Tom and Tom's family.

Comment

Lynda's Facebook post from an hour ago:

Many people have said they want to visit but don't want to intrude on the family's last hours with Tom. I just talked to Nami about this. She now agrees that it would be better if people, other than family, not visit any more. Tom is mostly asleep now anyway--due to the cancer's toll on his body and the heavy medication. Now is the time to respect the family's need for privacy. Nami appreciates that you've been concerned about this.

Nami said that Tom wants there to be a viewing after his death, when people can say their last good-byes to him

My sympathies go out to all of Tom's family and friends.

Cliff

Comment

not the news we wanted to hear

Comment

Our friend is gone

Tom passed earlier this morning with all his family around him, I just heard from Lynda Ellingson. I am so glad he is suffering no more. RIP Mr. Murphy

Comment

Thank you all for the prayers and support you have given to this fine man. He will suffer no more.

It was nice to be able to see him and talk to him these past few days and meet his wonderful family. I now see why he was such a good man.

Goodbye, my best friend. I and so many others will miss you so much. I know I'll see you again someday.
            85 GS1150E May '06 BOM
            79 GS1000S Wes Cooley Beast

Comment

I don't know how to say I'm sorry for this one. I'm glad he was with family and friends though.
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

So, Tom,
                What kind of bike are you going to ride in the Eternal Poker Run?

God bless family and friends.
                It IS a miracle that he had so much support.
                Thank you Great Spirit...and please hook Tom up with our elite Upper GSR Branch, who are riding the ride, already...
                Won't be too long Tom, I'll be riding with you...as well as many more of us.

I have to laugh when I remember one of my friends words... "Nobody ever gets out alive".

Compassionatley,
                Peppermint Patti
                Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I'll miss the man who was always there for his friends and family.
                  1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                  1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

RIP, Tom ... I'm glad you were able to see/hear my last message to you (thanks, Lynda!), and know how positively you impacted the lives of so many people. You were a "class act" and I felt privileged to have been counted amongst your friends!

My deepest condolences go out to Nami, the family, and close friends. I never met you, Tom, but you will be greatly missed.

Comment

my thoughts and heart felt sympathies to his family and friends and to tom, i remember when i was 5 yrs old chatting to my grand dad "poppy" and sitting with him on his bed on his last day. he said to me " just sit here with me im going for a long sleep, its ok just keep talking to me" as he quietly when to sleep and passed away, after 10 mins i felt he had left, and it was ok, the feeling stays with me to this day. having family and friends is one of the greatest gifts we have been blessed with.
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-20-2013, 01:18 AM.

Comment

A said day...

RIP Tom_MLC Ride ON! - See ya on the other side...

In the mean time those of us left behind will continue to miss and remember ya.

Comment

Goodbye Tom.
                          I'm just glad you were a part of the GSResources and always will be.
                          We had some fun. We're all a little richer. God bless and I hope we'll meet again.

That's what I would have told him had I the courage to call him.
                          Last edited by KEITH KRAUSE; 01-22-2013, 03:38 PM.
                          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Hi,

A few pictures from Tom's service.

Tom has a beautiful family and I was glad I got the chance to meet them. It was a beautiful and fitting service. I knew Tom was a good guy but I did not know until now what a *GREAT* guy he was; husband, father, brother, son, friend, servant, and leader. When the family took turns speaking I could feel the loss and hurt but I could also feel the love and strength that Tom had imparted to each of them. Until we see you in the next life, Tom, you will be missed, your memory will be cherished.

May God continue to bless Tom's family through their loss, bring them comfort and healing.

For anyone who'd like to download full resolution copies of these and other pictures I have of Tom, click here on my Skydrive.

Thank you,

Cliff
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-10-2013, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Cliff, Very well said.

it was a real pleasure meeting you and everyone else who could make it. I hope to see you all again soon.

-Bob

Comment

Well done Cliff!
                                Amanda and I thank you.
                                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Working...
                                X