Goodbuy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbuy

It seemed that in the past, "latest posts" or new posts mixed all types together. Not just carb questions, but paint and electrics and tires and brakes and helmets all appeared in the same stream and everything worked fine.

I don't see any such in this new format.

If I see a thread I want to participate in, if it's long I have to scroll page by page, one at a time. At the bottom of the screen is a quick way to scroll many pages at once, but it doesn't work for me - completely dead.

this is from my phone, could not do It on my iPad. Maybe we'll meet again. Love you guys.

Rob S.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

So you're bailing because it's tricky?

Beside, you owe us your theme of the week in the photo thread. Can't leave until you do....Sorry, dats the rules...
    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Rob, go into a forum and you will see the threads listed. On the right is a column named Last Post. On each thread you will see two little dots just below the poster's name and after the date/time. Click on those two little dots and it will take you to the last post on that thread which will keep you from having to scroll beginning to end. The trick is you have to remember to click on the two dots in the far right column instead of clicking on the name of the thread. It's not ideal and for sure not as good as it was, but it is workable Otherwise a 241 page thread would not work well.
      Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Comment

I have it set up so it's almost exactly the same in functionality as it used to be, which is good as I was getting antsy about change.
        ---- Dave
        79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
        80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
        79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
        92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
          I have it set up so it's almost exactly the same in functionality as it used to be, which is good as I was getting antsy about change.
          Mine is still a bit different, but I've adjusted to it and using it is pretty much automatic now, so I'll leave it be.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I'm a little annoyed with the new format but not enough to leave.

My memory is being tested with remembering the names of the threads I started...which is like 10 or 12 in the nearly 12 years I've been on this board.

Rob, come on bro! I don't want you to delete the "sports ball" thread...I was kinda doing a daily journal on there...which you as well as others participated in...

Nothing is perfect and change is inevitable.

Stick around!

Ed

Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-17-2022, 06:29 PM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Isn't an iPad a feminine hygiene product for hipsters? I'm using Android on my phone and Linux on my laptop, maybe a change is in order for you.
              1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
              1982 GS450txz (former bike)
              LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
                Isn't an iPad a feminine hygiene product for hipsters? I'm using Android on my phone and Linux on my laptop, maybe a change is in order for you.
                I thought Linus was the 1st upgrade for the Abacus.
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by dpep View Post
                  Rob, go into a forum and you will see the threads listed. On the right is a column named Last Post. On each thread you will see two little dots just below the poster's name and after the date/time. Click on those two little dots and it will take you to the last post on that thread which will keep you from having to scroll beginning to end. The trick is you have to remember to click on the two dots in the far right column instead of clicking on the name of the thread. It's not ideal and for sure not as good as it was, but it is workable Otherwise a 241 page thread would not work well.
                  I see no "Last Post".

I see no 'two little dots'

This is on my phone; on my iPad is even none of those reatures.
                  1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

I see no "Last Post".

I see no 'two little dots'

This is on my phone; on my iPad is even none of those reatures.
                    Yup, the phone is different. But it is still all there. Tell me what you normally did. Did you visit individual forums, or go direct to latest posts?
                    Start with the three little bars on the upper left, just under the GSR logo. From there you can go to "Forums" or "New Topics"

Hopefully, that'll get ya goin'

Comment

Bob’s right, everything is still here. If necessary Rob, turn your phone sideways and the website will display slightly more information in the landscape mode similar to what you would see on a larger computer screen.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Rob, you ain't alone, I don't see the "Last Post" nor "two little dots" on my 16 yr. old desk top either,"t00" many buttons & can't figure "whitich" 1's "t0" push.
                        Last edited by rphillips; 03-19-2022, 12:18 AM.
                        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                          Rob, you ain't alone, I don't see the "Last Post" nor "two little dots" on my 16 yr. old desk top either,"t00" many buttons & can't figure "whitich" 1's "t0" push.
                          So how did you learn the last forum? What ever you did back then, do that again.

So OK, everything pretty much works the same, just moved around a bit. Y'all are able to find this thread to complain, somehow, so it works.
                          I suggest not to make it a bigger deal than it is. Just take it slow, ask questions, read this thread again, because it's all here.

BTW, it's not "last post" it is the button up top labeled, "New Topics" not New Topic singular, "New Topics" plural, at the upper left of the page. Start there. It'll work.

Look at the first photo. This is on a desk top. Right up top, "New Topics" CLICK IT...

After you click "New Topics" you get this.
                          The yellow highlight on the left is little down pointing arrows. Click this to get to the last unread post in the thread.
                          The yellow highlight on the right is little right pointing arrows. Click this to get the very last post.

See where that gets. Come back with questions. BTW, phone is the same, but you need to use a dropdown to get there.

Comment

No "new topics" on either my phone or iPad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                              No "new topics" on either my phone or iPad.
                              Does your phone screen look like this, and does it have the three bars I arrowed?

If you have that, tap the three bars and the drop down will contain "New Topics"

If your screen doesn't look like that, we need to see what you DO have...

Hang in there, we can do this....

Comment

Working...
                              X