HELP (pics)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP (pics)!

Desktop is broken, laptop is broken, iPad doesn't play nice with our new update. So it's just a "Samsung Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy S6 edge+" (phone).

When things were working with iPad, copying and pasting the code from flickr was hit and miss. Sometimes, a good few tries resulted in only a few words being pasted into the GSResources. The pic only arrives at GSR if I've succeeded in pasting four or more lines of code, an entire paragraph.

In our new update, on my phone, I've clicked on the paper clip, and been taken to a prompt for the address of the photo (I'm trying to post in 'pic of the week'). I suppose I could type 4 or 5 lines of code correctly...

Everybody (anybody) following? Remember, no mouse, no other device than this phone, and my flickr address of any photo is an entire address worth of code.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Rob, I don’t know hat you mean by “paper clip” but if you’re referring to the link icon in the toolbar, forget those tools, you don’t need them and they just make posting a picture more complex than it needs to be. Copy the BBCode of the image, paste it into the forum post, no toolbar tools are required. I made this video using a Samsung tablet and Flickr to help someone else, but take a look, much of this should look familiar. I found copying and pasting on the Samsung very clumsy compared to the iPad. Maybe this video will help.
    Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 03-27-2022, 01:30 PM.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I will let you know. And Rich, I don't forget that you were the one who taught me how to use flickr in the first place. So it's gratifying to see that the very first response was yours.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Rob, the best tip I got was from Bob (baatfam) and I think it will work for you.
        On the flickr site, go to the upper right corner and you will see 3 vertical dots that will give you a drop down menu.

Scroll down to the desktop site and check the box. It will then act like you are on your desktop.

Hope this helps.
        Larry

'79 GS 1000E
        '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
        '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
        '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
        '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend, now for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          I will let you know. And Rich, I don't forget that you were the one who taught me how to use flickr in the first place. So it's gratifying to see that the very first response was yours.
          We all want you to stick around, buddy. Remember, I said, you’re like our favorite uncle. You know, the one that would get you beer when you were under age, and not tell your parents.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post

...the one that would get you beer when you were under age, and not tell your parents.
            In a word, bullseye!

Comment

Working...
            X