I went to the dark side… sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went to the dark side… sort of.

I bought a Harley. God help me middle age. 2008 XL1200N Nightster with a little less than 11,000 miles.

Non-runner but it was $800 including a spare stock exhaust, two fairings, 2 person factory seat, etc etc.

2010 Honda VFR1200F
    1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
    Being Revisited
    1981 Honda CM400T
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Oh and he included a brand new flux welder in box and a motorcycle jack. And yes it pee’s like a proper Harley.
    2010 Honda VFR1200F
    Being Revisited
    1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Pics, please......
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

You’re dead to me!
        No signature

Comment

For me, it's the many aloof pr!cks that ride 'em more than the bikes. There's plenty on this forum that have one, had one or will have one....
          -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Non-runner?? Probably been rebuilt before, to get it up to that 11,000mi...... Be tough, the Harley jokes abound... Congrats
            1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
              Non-runner?? Probably been rebuilt before, to get it up to that 11,000mi...... Be tough, the Harley jokes abound... Congrats
              No kidding ! I thought Hardleys in a box started at a $ grand. Sounds like a hellof deal ! Flip it and come back to reality......
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by cloudbreakmd View Post
                Oh and he included a brand new flux welder in box and a motorcycle jack. And yes it pee’s like a proper Harley.
                If it's an '08 and it leaks, then fix it. EVOs are as reliable as GS motors and don't leak unless someone screwed something up on them.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

No doubt waaay better than in yrs. past, but still get the jokes... 81% of Harleys ever produced are still on the road today... the other 19% made it home without breaking down.
                  1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post

If it's an '08 and it leaks, then fix it. EVOs are as reliable as GS motors and don't leak unless someone screwed something up on them.
                    That's my opinion, too.
                    Despite never having owned one, I came so close to pulling the trigger on an Evo engined Sporty in the early 90s. I wouldn't have entertained any of the earlier engines, having known too many people with troublesome lumps.
                    ---- Dave
                    79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                    80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                    79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                    92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

I still have mine (and may well keep it, despite the purchase of the BMW). Truly a solid and soulfull engine.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

I actually like the look of the classic Sportsters but they are too small for me physically and I wouldn't find the performance acceptible. And as we all know the loud, obnoxious, slow ones ridden by pinheads give them all a bad rap. A person would be crazy not to have taken that deal though.
                        1986 1150EF
                        2008 GS1250SEA

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                          Pics, please......
                          Here you go:

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like navib13.
                          2010 Honda VFR1200F
                          Being Revisited
                          1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Originally posted by rphillips View Post
                            Actually it was parked because the fork seals were blown and the drain tube for the oil tank was leaking. The owner died about a year ago…
                            2010 Honda VFR1200F
                            Being Revisited
                            1981 Honda CM400T

Comment

Update on the bike:
                              New fork seals and fork oil ordered
                              New tires and tubes ordered
                              New battery installed
                              New oil/filter
                              New oil tank line ordered