Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New faucet different than have seen before

At daughters house…

last night new faucet (in new installed bathroom) was dripping, this morning dripping more, and then running a solid stream… all while should be off. Exercize the handle and still the same.

I figure take off handle and can tighten up a nut or something.

ew this is different than have seen before
    turning the big nut turns everything with no difference.

Looks like maybe need some special tool to grip those nubbs.

I see online some faucet tools that look like might work but are stated to be aerator tools.

any words of wisdom from experience people?

Last edited by Redman; 09-29-2022, 02:21 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

C498D9F7-D91C-4CB4-A47C-D6DE81225C48.jpg 1234567890123456

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

No, I don’t know what brand it is.

Comment

If there was any work done to the water line nearby recently, maybe a speck of dirt got washed into the valve. Just a guess, not sure how to verify or correct that other than remove and replace it. If it's removed meybe a part number stamped somewhere. Good luck!

Last week I had a brand new shower head run for three seconds and completely stop. Hmmmmm. I removed the head and turned on the water, flowed fine. Reinstalled the head and all is well. What happened? Maybe things just like extra attention sometimes, LOL.
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sorry, can't help. What I can say, though, is that I bought a Chinese knockoff of a popular American design faucet off Amazon, and I don't like it much. This unit has 36k ratings, with an average of 4.8/5. What's not to like? Well, it's flimsy for one. And the diameter of the outlet is small, so water shoots out at a high speed, splashing all over the place unless it's regulated really slow. The real deal version of this same faucet works a million times better (we have them where I work.) This is one of those cases where, as they say, you get what you pay for.
          Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
            Sorry, can't help. What I can say, though, is that I bought a Chinese knockoff of a popular American design faucet off Amazon, and I don't like it much..
            ​​​​​…
            ​​​​​​….) This is one of those cases where, as they say, you get what you pay for.
            thansk.
            maybe what I am dealing with here.
            I just went to lowes (not anyone available to help there) and at first I thought I saw exact same thing on display there, Moen ($169), then I went and looked at moen parts, not anything close. Then went back at looked at display again and compared to my photos. Looks like is meant to look egg-zactley the same. Except mine the entire handle turns not just the upper lever portion, and, oh, no name brand logo.
            Okay
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
              If there was any work done to the water line nearby recently, maybe a speck of dirt got washed into the valve. Just a guess, not sure how to verify or correct that other than remove and replace it. If it's removed meybe a part number stamped somewhere. Good luck!
              ​​​​​…….
              that is about what I had in mind: take apart, see what is to see, put back together maybe something tighter.
              but at the moment getting it apart is eluding me.

Comment

If that nut doesn't come off its probably corroded a bit. Those things are usually not as complex as they look. The only ones that aren't really simple are the shower valves that only turn on the hot if there is equal pressure on the cold.
                2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
                82 gs1100L probably the next project
                1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
                https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
                1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

MS-WF020-10-ORB

But not seing how to get at any user servicable parts

Comment

Is that.a huge external torx nylon nut mebbe?
                    1983 GS 550 LD
                    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

When faucets fail and I cannot identify the make I would simply scrap the thing and install a new one.

In many recent models there is a hex nut or sometimes a hand-tightening nut on the base with drilled and tapped holes for bolts that add the final set tension..

The tools I usually need for them are large pliers and philips screwdriver and a spray can of light oil to loosen the corrosion on bolts.

If you have older water tube connections, you can usually get flex pipe to screw onto the old shut-of. It is far better than the old plastic or brass tubes.

If not you can cut off the pipe, whether copper or PEX and use a sharkbite or other push-on connector .....they really do work well.
                      They come with shut off valves or plain.
                      Lowes and HD both sell them.

Before installing the quick-connect devices on copper pipe sand the pipe smooth so it gets the best contact and avoid leaks
                      Also get the little C-chaped device that lets you remove them if necessary..

"If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                      Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

That looks to be a simple valve turned by the handle interlocking with the star. It possibly just lifts out. I've had some luck getting replacement valves for Home Depot or larger chain-store generics at the place they were bought. But usually about half the price of a new one...

otherwise my past experience is that Moens are still good bets wherever they are made

Comment

https://mmcasainc.com/collections/bathroom-faucets appears to be the mothership

try to contact them at the links provided.
                          Frequently Asked Questions 1.How do I contact Casainc. regarding my order? Whatever happens to your order, you can contact us via contact@casainc.com. It is important to provide us with your email and telephone number, order number or tracking number so we can check the status of your order. 2.When will my order be shi
                          Last edited by Cipher; 09-30-2022, 11:47 AM.
                          1983 GS 550 LD
                          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by argonsagas View Post

If not you can cut off the pipe, whether copper or PEX and use a sharkbite or other push-on connector .....they really do work well.
                            They come with shut off valves or plain.
                            Lowes and HD both sell them.

Before installing the quick-connect devices on copper pipe sand the pipe smooth so it gets the best contact and avoid leaks
                            Also get the little C-chaped device that lets you remove them if necessary..
                            My thinking is you have to replace the cartridge (if you can find it....)

If you use Sharkbite make sure you mark the insertion depth on the pipe. Sometime you think they are on & they aren't... they make a bang when they pop off! FOr 3/4" it's 28mm for 1/2" I think it's 24mm. They make a tool but a rule works just as well....

The removal tools that look like tongs are much easier to use than the plastic clips but both work.

I always make sure to put a bit of a chamfer on the end of the pipe with some wetndry paper (and sand smooth as above comment) as it makes it easier to get them on and is easier on the O rings as it goes through. They go on easier when the pipe is wet too (or with a bit of spit.... )

1980 GS1000G - Sold
                            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

That dang chart would have been really handy, last Sun. A 1/2" copper fitting, that had been fine for 23 yrs., pulled completely apart, under my house. I got some shark bites, from Lowes, to fix it with and when I got home and looked at instructions, it said mark the insertion depth on the pipe. Very disappointed cause "NO PLACE" did it tell nor show what the correct depth was. I just tried to be sure they were pushed in as far as I could push them, and am hoping for the best. I've crawled under there twice since last Sun. and so far, no trace of any leaks.
                              1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Working...
                              X