Sold my FJR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by craz1 View Post
    Yes the clutch has been an issue along with the fuel gage.
    For you personally? I read so many forum posts by reactionary dimwits that I bought mine partly out of contempt for them.
    I think you can retrofit a mechanical float for the fuel gauge
    there is a guru in UK that refurbs clutches intense thoughtful guy has YT vids.
    GM modern brakes are very prone to sticking as well but they cook and coke their lube. The Brembo caliper at the rear likely seized dye to water and fine dust ingress over time.

1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Ya I have been reading up on the fuel gage float type. No problem with my clutch since it only has 2800 miles but a lot of people have had issues after some miles and who knows how hard they were on the bike. Im a pretty sane rider so the bike won't be beaten. Right now I have a new strip gas gage in there(the original failed) and hope it will last a long time. There was nothing wrong with my calipers, but I did have an issue with the gen 1 servo system which I didn't want to deal with so I converted to std brakes. Your 1300 doesn't have that servo system so you are good. If your not familiar with the brake system on the K1200S its a real eye opener. However the stock 16mm master cylinder was not giving me the stopping power required(none). I just installed and tested a rear 14mm master and the difference is noticeable however I think I can step down to a the 13mm master without issues.

Comment

Working...
      X