Artemis Launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artemis Launch

Artemis is supposed to launch in a little bit more than two hours from now.
    Launch is supposed to happen at 01:04 am Eastern Time, 12:04 am Central Time, 10:04 pm Pacific Time and 06:04 am GMT.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

The launch was so awesome. This is America at it's best. Didn't rush it, did it when all the ducks lined up. This truly is the beginning of an interstellar ship. IMHO

Comment

3 guys had to go in last minute and tighten some kind of valve. They spoke on NASA TV after the launch. I think they may have understated the danger of what they did. I think it was probably heroic.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Artemis 1 has left earth orbit and is headed to the moon. As an old that has seen a few space disasters I'm just really glad it didn't blow up. I think we're gonna make it
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

At the time that I posted the thread, they were inside the rocket fixing a valve that was leaking. Great job by those guys that did the work and made it a successful launch, but having to do that job when it’s like 90% fueled with a fuel that’s highly explosive, no thank you, my hats off to them for being trained and WILLING to do that specific task when it arises.

I loved watching the launch and wish I could have seen it in person, to see it visually, to hear the rumble off the pad and feel the vibrations and the pressure as it pierces its way through the dark sky turning night into day.

I’ve been lucky enough to see in real life a few launches of the Space Shuttle with the most impressive by far being a night launch while seated at the Banana River viewing area, absolutely awesome to witness in person.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukian View Post
            This truly is the beginning of an interstellar ship. IMHO
            What 'on earth' could you be talking about?
            I think you meant interplanetary?

there will be no 'interstellar ship', The next closest star is 4 light years away! (that's 25 trillion miles ffs)

fun to watch Star Trek though

1100 Katana / 1100 ES

pragmatic not dogmatic

Comment

All quite impressive. The huge mass of the thing, watching it ignite and move without exploding. Watching the speed continue to increase up to escape velocity.
              A few hours later seeing the view backward of little Earth.
              Really got the message.
              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by ptegsotic View Post

What 'on earth' could you be talking about?
                I think you meant interplanetary?

there will be no 'interstellar ship', The next closest star is 4 light years away! (that's 25 trillion miles ffs)

fun to watch Star Trek though
                My brain must have some flatulence. I thought I was feeling flattered. Interplanetary, of course, really, this part of the Solar System. I'm not even going to correct it. I've got High hopes.., I've got High hopes.......remember than song? This is one serious spaceship, anyway you put it.

Comment

Working...
                X